Retirement annuity contract in bankruptcy

Options
I had one of these pensions when bankrupt in 1997 with retirement date this year aged 60 years. As it was before 2000 it was part of the bankruptcy estate. In April 2006 the rules changed and certain personal pensions could be accessed at the age of 60 years. Does any expert know what the rules specifically said about RAC pensions? From what I have read only those with protected retirement ages such as armed forces, police,firemen, footballers etc had the right to claim at 50 years. Otherwise the age remained at 60 years. It is important to me as the trustee,who has retired told me the pension would be paid to me after 5 years annuities. Unknown to me he claimed the pension in 2006 and has sold the pension. The pension provider at abbey life have given me the incorrect information on many issues and they struggled to explain why this happened. They mentioned the changes in 2006 but referred to pensions generally not RACs I intend to complain but trying to get the facts correct is proving difficult
As the trustee retired and the case was closed. Thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family