Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Declined mortgage. We will have lost the MA fee won't we?

edited 30 April 2014 at 10:09PM in Mortgages & Endowments
5 replies 897 views
MissySMissyS Forumite
24 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
edited 30 April 2014 at 10:09PM in Mortgages & Endowments
Message deleted as worried about level if info.
Consumer debt £18,897 left / £33,729
LBM December 2019
Hoping to be debt free by May 2022! 

Replies

• ACGACG Forumite
    21.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you sign an agreement with them? What did it say?
    Did they research and check the lenders affordability? Can you see what evidence they have to check it passes affordability to make sure it wasnt just a punt?

Personally i charge a fee based on mortgage offer so if the mortgage gets refused i refund the fee. So you may be able to get it back.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • edited 30 April 2014 at 10:09PM
    MissySMissyS Forumite
    24 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 30 April 2014 at 10:09PM
    Thank you for your reply.
    Consumer debt £18,897 left / £33,729
    LBM December 2019
    Hoping to be debt free by May 2022! 
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    81.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    MissyS wrote: »
    We've sold out house so I guess we're off to rented.

At least you'll be able to settle your debts. Was the intention to consolidate your unsecured debts into the new mortgage.
    It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." — George Soros
  • ACGACG Forumite
    21.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask them to find a new lender?

Its not just affordability it needed to pass, your broker should have been on the phone to their account manager at natwest to ask at xx% LTV with £xxxx debt would they underwriters look on it favourably or not.

Thats my opinion.

If you have paid them a fee i would get them to find a new lender for you. If natwest were going to say yes then i reckon there will be other lenders.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Yorkie1Yorkie1 Forumite
    11.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this. Next time, don't use the EA brokers ...
This discussion has been closed.