Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Has anyone has experience with tesco mortgages?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
4 replies 2K views
RmphotographyRmphotography Forumite
52 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
Just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with tesco bank for their mortgage? Good or bad.
After all our issues with santander refusing to accept my wife's income because she cares for a disabled adult we decided to look at other lenders and what they could offer us.
Tesco bank came out on top with a 2 year tracker that worked out at £800 per month with an 85 per cent ltv.
Gave them a quick call earlier and explained the situation with santander and my wife's income and they had no issue with this at all.
We hear back from santander at the end of the week with a definite answer as the mortgage broker has spoke about it with the business development manager who thinks we have a strong case for having the underwriters decision not to accept my wife's wages reversed. If they hold keep to their original decision we will want to go with tesco ASAP if they are good.

Replies

• amnblogamnblog Forumite
    11.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with that.

Be fascinated to hear your experience with TM
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • I'm also thinking about applying for a Tesco mortgage as I've been turned down by other lenders. How did you get on?
  • kingstreetkingstreet Forumite
    36.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also thinking about applying for a Tesco mortgage as I've been turned down by other lenders. How did you get on?
    The OP went to Halifax instead;-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=65737535&highlight=#post65737535
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Leon_WLeon_W Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    If you are being turned down by other lenders why do you think applying to Tesco would have a different result ?

Speak to a broker who'll try and find a lender that will take you.

This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole

Get a month's worth of free smoothies, frappes, coffee etc

MSE Deals