Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Broker -

edited 30 April 2014 at 6:24PM in Mortgages & Endowments
4 replies 657 views
Lou24Lou24 Forumite
79 Posts
edited 30 April 2014 at 6:24PM in Mortgages & Endowments
Hi

I've given my details to a broker who is looking into it all

Payments each month and outstanding

How long would it take for them to get back to me?

It's ONLY been since yesterday but was wondering how long it takes

Is the longer it is the worse the outcome?

I know it's only been a day so this is not a moan

I was just wondering how long it takes .

Replies

• amnblogamnblog Forumite
    11.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This question is not easily answered.

How long did the broker say it would take before they came back to you?
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • ACGACG Forumite
    21.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As above, i usually do a factfind and give the clients a timescale of when i will come back to them.

Sometimes its later that day other times its a week if i know i will need to speak to underwriters.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Lou24Lou24 Forumite
    79 Posts
    No I never asked how long it will take.

So now I, getting worried that he can't find me a mortgage lender
  • GMSGMS Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lou24 wrote: »
    No I never asked how long it will take.

So now I, getting worried that he can't find me a mortgage lender

Do you have any unusual circumstances? Adverse credit, irregular income, unusual property type etc?

If the broker is doing their job thoroughly they will be checking for the best product then checking this fits criteria and affordability. This could take time.

24 hours isn't long.

Chase them if you are concerned
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.