Travel across London on a through ticket during tube strike.

Options
I've booked tickets which include travel through London by tube, for the beginning of June, just wonder what happens if there is a strike, can I use my rail tickets on an alternative route avoiding London?

Comments

• giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Enough services seem to be running this time to stop it being a serious problem.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tubes are running, even in the strike.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • yorkie2
    yorkie2 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've booked tickets which include travel through London by tube, for the beginning of June, just wonder what happens if there is a strike, can I use my rail tickets on an alternative route avoiding London?
    What's your journey?
  • hardpressed
    hardpressed Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yorkie2 wrote: »
    What's your journey?

Liverpool Street to Euston, the alternative would be via Peterborough.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

What??

You are planning to travel from Liverpool Street to Euston, but because of the tube strike you are considering making that journey via Peterborough?

To answer your original question: no you cannot make that journey via any route avoiding London.
  • R_P_W
    R_P_W Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Allow more time and walk! Liverpool street to Ruston is hardly 'across londom'
  • princeofpounds
    princeofpounds Posts: 10,396 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is not that near; google maps suggests a 50 minute walk. Not something I would want to be doing with luggage or kids.

Also bear in mind that if the tickets are booked already there may not be much slack in the transfer time.

OP,
    -don't arrive in rush hour if you can avoid it
    - it's a very doable bus journey
    - taxi always an option, not too expensive in daytime for that distance, if not that MSE
    - check with your rail company policy on strike delays. Get it in writing if you can to avoid problems with difficult gate guards.
  • jbuchanangb
    jbuchanangb Posts: 1,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Euston Square station has been closed on strike days.

The northern line has been running on strike days. Walk to Moorgate (5 mins from Liverpool Street) and take northern to Euston.
  • hardpressed
    hardpressed Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    What??

You are planning to travel from Liverpool Street to Euston, but because of the tube strike you are considering making that journey via Peterborough?

To answer your original question: no you cannot make that journey via any route avoiding London.

What I meant was that my journey would take me into Liverpool Street then across London to Euston where I take a train North alternatively, instead of coming into London, I could take a train North to Peterborough and get on the train which would be coming from Euston.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What I meant was that my journey would take me into Liverpool Street then across London to Euston where I take a train North alternatively, instead of coming into London, I could take a train North to Peterborough and get on the train which would be coming from Euston.

Yes, but until you say where you are starting from and your destination, it is not possible to answer your question with any accuracy.

Not sure any trains out of Euston go via Peterborough though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure