Got mmr application in principle. now no houses available lol

Options
we did our application once the mmr came into force, did everything , and virgin came back the best who will lend us up to £160k, we have £30k for deposit :beer:, possibly more, but now we're looking at houses to buy, none take our fancy! typical!

It's so exciting :D i really thought id ruined our chances with my previous bad credit history, but i have worked hard to get it back up :D
Married in 2011. [STRIKE]buying[/STRIKE] bought our first house 2014 :beer::beer: :j

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Keep your expectations realistic. No point in burdening yourselves with high levels of debt again. Life is a roller coaster and a mortgage comes complete with a ball and chain.
  • ClaireBetteridge
    Options
    thanks :) we're in council atm, and as we're self employed with 2 kids, in a 2 bed council house, its too small, so looking for 3 beds, but all the decent ones are on the 170-190k mark, we're desperate to expand the business too, so when we have a bigger house we can have more stock :D
    Married in 2011. [STRIKE]buying[/STRIKE] bought our first house 2014 :beer::beer: :j
  • pukkamum
    pukkamum Posts: 3,942 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you considered buying your council house and using your deposit money to extend?
    I don't get nearly enough credit for not being a violent psychopath.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    When buying your new house I suggest you check the deeds that there is no restriction on businesses being run from the house. The houses on the estate where I stay have this exclusion.
  • ClaireBetteridge
    Options
    pukkamum wrote: »
    Have you considered buying your council house and using your deposit money to extend?

We have thought, but theres about 2 feet on the side of our house so no point, as the rest is public way.

Which is a real shame as we'd get this house for approx £70k as ive lived here for over 14 years! and it makes financial sense! but we just cannot keep living here for another 5 years, which is what the council want if you buy you council property.

Claire x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure