Squeaky shoes!

I've just treated myself to a new pair of ankle boots, they're gorgeous and so comfy I want to wear them everywhere...the problem is they have embarrassingly squeaky soles!
The office I work in has solid wood floors and every time I walked across the room today it sounded like a herd of mice was stampeding through the room. Even adjusting my foot position slightly when sat at my desk was enough to make an awkwardly loud squeak.
Is there anything I can do to make them a bit less noisy??
I don't know exactly what the soles are made of, some kind of rubber but I couldn't be more specific. I'm wondering if the squeak will quieten down with time as they wear, or maybe there is something I could stick to the soles to help cause less friction.
I love these shoes and they are otherwise perfect for work, but it's really not practical to wear such noisy shoes in a quiet office :o

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Leather generally eases with wear and the squeeking should go in time, you could apply a saddle soap or silicon based product (most larger supermarkets and Clarks seem to sell things like this) but unless they are rubbing your feet and uncomfortable I really wouldn't do this as it could affect how the boots look and wouldn't be worth it.

Maybe wear the boots in a bit by wearing them at home, the squeakiness will only really go with wear but will go suprizingly quickly.- This is assuming however that the noise is coming from the leather parts of the shoe and not from any man-made parts (sometimes the soles can be made from man-made products)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure