One loan down...

Options
Sooooo….today I realised I had only got £25 left to pay on my flexiloan after this month's payment comes out, so i overpaid by £25!
One loan paid off! I am SO pleased.
One loan till Jan 2015, and 2 credit cards to go.
Baby steps, but I am getting there! :j:j:j
PAYDBX 2016 #55 100% paid! :j Officially bad debt free...don't count my mortgage.
Now to start saving...it's a whole new world!!

Comments

• hydrangea_2
    Options
    Congratulations!! You must be chuffed!
  • Willowpop
    Willowpop Posts: 856 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    hydrangea wrote: »
    Congratulations!! You must be chuffed!

I really really am. I know it's only a small step and I have several thousands left owing, but it's a great feeling….and I now have the £85 I was paying on it to go towards my credit cards each month on top of what I already pay. :T
    PAYDBX 2016 #55 100% paid! :j Officially bad debt free...don't count my mortgage.
  • savingmummy
    savingmummy Posts: 2,915 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done!!
    What a wonderful feeling :j
    DebtFree FEB 2010!
    Slight blip in 2013 - Debtfree Aug 2014 :j

Savings £132/£1000.
  • boobiebonboo
    Options
    :jwell done you:rotfl:thats great news:T
    There is always light at the end of the tunnel

I've got a long journey to reach it

But I will one day with a little help
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,987 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Willowpop wrote: »
    Sooooo….today I realised I had only got £25 left to pay on my flexiloan after this month's payment comes out, so i overpaid by £25!
    One loan paid off! I am SO pleased.
    One loan till Jan 2015, and 2 credit cards to go.
    Baby steps, but I am getting there! :j:j:j

Well done willowpop :beer:
    have a beer on me lol !!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Willowpop
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :) I'm still smiling!
  • Swampy3k
    Swampy3k Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done you Jammy sod! can't wait to have that feeling and smug smile I know you have!! :)
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,751 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well done, you should see the next debt vanish even quicker now you have more to throw at it.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • Willowpop
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It has definitely given me a boost as the remaining stuff is a fairly long way awayfrom being paid off so having an extra £85 to throw at the debts is really going to help. Even if i put £50 towards the debt and split the £35 between building a small emergency fund and giving me a couple of quid extra on the grocery budget then it will let me breathe a bit and still pay off extra from the debt. :)
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. Well done on killing one off
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure