Trying to clean up credit files - with difficulty...

Options
Okay, i've been trying to clean the file up since the end of January -- nearly 3 full months later still not having much joy with a selection of lenders.

To all I sent an initial letter. After a month sent another letter referring to the DPA and a complaint to the data commissioner. A month later sent a final letter, some to different address' which I found on the Data Protection register website.

so I have CapitalOne, Halifax & Vanquis who have entered the wrong date on my accounts.

I have QuickBridge, HSBC & Santander who are ignoring my requests.

Any advice how to proceed with dealing with these institutes that repeatedly ignore you?

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    For santander try emailing the final complaint to the address in this thread?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4873912

For the others (and maybe santander if the email doesn't work), give the FOS a call on Monday.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Ask the FOS to either start the complaint off and/or write to those creditors.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you.

An update on Santander... Well I emailed the address in the other post and within 24 hours a lovely lady in their complaints team had been in touch.
    Within 48 hours she had resolved it.
    I'm well chuffed and impressed - well done Santander.

Best of all I got a letter of apology today and to my utter surprise a £20 cheque was included as a gesture of goodwill.

I really wasn't expecting that! But am well chuffed with how it ended
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Excellent. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • 4$£&*(£$&*(!
    Options
    When I was cleaning up OH's record we had problems with Santander and Lloyds TSB. I used a website to get the details of their executive offices (google 'ceo email', direct links don't appear permitted here). Santander had a few back and forth replies but eventually sorted it and sent a food hamper as a gesture of goodwill to say sorry (we estimated the cost at least £50!)

Lloyds TSB were a different issue and were having none of it. Emails were passed around from banking to card services to debt management in Brighton and all sorts. At the time I was frequently in other parts of the country for meetings so I wrote a letter to say here's the nub of the problem, here's what I want doing about it, if not this branch may face a sit-in with media being notified and lots of very public PR involvement. That letter went to about a dozen different branches nationwide within a fortnight and by the end of that month it was fully resolved.
  • Rjenkins
    Options
    It took 12 months for lloyds to correctly repair my credit file!!!! I have never been so stressed due to their !!!! ups couldn't apply for a mortgage....worst bank I have ever come across!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure