Amazon returns - locker

I ordered something from Amazon a couple of weeks ago using next day Prime delivery. Postage has taken an age and is finally due to be delivered today.

The problem is I needed the item quickly, so I've since bought the item from elsewhere. Therefore I want to return the item to Amazon.

I got the item delivered to an Amazon locker. I've read the info and it says if you don't collect the item within 3 days it will be collected. What happens at this point? Do they treat it as a cancelled order and refund it, or does the order stay 'active' and they try to redeliver it?

That would be easier than having to go and get the item, then file for a return online which might mean I have to pay for postage. But I don't want them to charge me for a failed pickup or anything like that.

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    All parcels delivered to Amazon Locker locations must be picked up within three business days. If you're not able to collect your parcel within this timeframe, the parcel will be returned to us for a refund. When your parcel is delivered, you'll receive an e-mail from us that includes the address and opening times for your selected Locker location. This information will provide the most accurate, up-to-date opening times for you.
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I did it a couple of weeks ago, just left it in the locker and it got returned to Amazon. They refunded me in full.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I don't think Prime next day applies to Locker delivery either. So next time if you want it next day either pay for next day locker delivery or use Prime delivery to a real address.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure