coffee syrup?

Options
Hi - I just noticed that coffee syrup is fairly cheap compared to other syrups, especially the American style pancake syrups or even Golden. Has anyone tried using it for other purposes than in coffee? My teen eats porridge each morning and I wonder if I could replace her expensive brand with this? and for baking? And there are lots of flavours....
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi

Comments

• browneyedbazzi
    browneyedbazzi Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A coffee syrup may be fine for use on porridge but it may not work in baking recipes that call for other types of syrup because the sugar content and consistency is likely to be different (coffee syrups are much runnier than golden syrup for example).
    Common sense?...There's nothing common about sense!
  • thedogsmum
    thedogsmum Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    OP, if you are near to a Lidl store, their premium coffee syrup is one of their half price offers, this weekend, at 74p. Worth giving it a go, perhaps - you can pour it over ice cream, at least?!
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gosh, I got all 3 varieties at Lidl and opened the Caramel - I do like it very much indeed :D. In coffee it's lovely as it's not very sweet and I usually have coffee without sugar. Also had some on a pancake, bliss. And the bottles are lovely, will keep the empties for HM liqueurs and sloe gin for Christmas (nice empties are hard to come by at that time of the year)....:j
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • smithyjules
    smithyjules Posts: 497 Forumite
    Options
    I buy 1 litre bottles of sugar free caramel syrup from Amazon very well priced.

Have usedit with bacon on pancakes, in coffee and in porridge with success. It's a bit funnier than maple syrup but yummy nonetheless!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure