Wedding party gifts. Who would yo buy for?

Options
I am getting married next week and was after a bit of advice.

Me and my partner have been together for 11 years and have two children together. I sadly lost my Mum 18 months ago and then my dad just before Christmas. Whilst a wedding was never top of our priorities, when we discovered that another family member was really poorly we felt that the time was right to marry before we lost anyone else close to us. So we have organised the wedding of our dreams all by ourselves and have also funded it totally ourselves.

My question is this.. who do we buy gifts for? We have already bought for the one bridesmaid and best man but that is it. Do we need to buy for the Grooms Mother and Father and the Ushers? We have already paid for the suits for everyone. The Grooms Mother and Father live abroad so flowers wold not make sense. I kind of feel reluctant to buy them anything seeing as they have had no input into the wedding and have not funded anything. They just keep tutting at how expensive everything is :o

Our table centre pieces are being given away in gift bags at the end of the evening as they are going to be oriental lilies so I guess they could be used as thank you gifts.

Comments

• rachiibell
    rachiibell Posts: 300 Forumite
    Options
    I'd only bother getting gifts for people who are in the wedding party or who have been a big help with planning ect. If you've bought the ushers their suits I think that's more than enough and you don't need to buy them an extra present. Hope you enjoy your day :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure