We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

An hour to claim

Options
Maple Mollys on Facebook run a comp, due to end tomorrow. Today they said they were changing end date to do so they could get out in post in morning, so it would be received in time for Easter. Fair enough.

They drew tonight and gave the winner an hour to claim. I've never seen the claim time being this short before, is this normal for Facebook comps?
ITV Winners Club Member (106)
Thank you all who post comps and answer questions.

Comments

• vanpopple
    vanpopple Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tons of comps end early for one reason or another.

But to anyone who thinks fb is good for prizes (from maple molly - Wow you lot are quick 1748 entries in half an hour :eek: this may take a few minutes bare with me x x)

Too many people with nothing to do but comp (loads of comp groups, avoid like the plague), and dont forget like & share will get you banned sooner or later now as its against fb policy.
    Still comping, after 2 heart attacks 4th feb & 6th feb, and a stent put in.. 45 years old only:eek:
  • Mullhon2
    Mullhon2 Posts: 1,312 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks, I didn't know L & S had been banned, only just come back to facebook after a while away.
    ITV Winners Club Member (106)
    Thank you all who post comps and answer questions.
  • vanpopple
    Options
    Yes apparantly companies are not 'allowed to use the like and share facility' and i know a few compers who got warnings at the weekend from fb/

I wouldnt worry too much
    Still comping, after 2 heart attacks 4th feb & 6th feb, and a stent put in.. 45 years old only:eek:
  • sax11
    sax11 Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    L & S is not banned, will not be banned nor will it get you banned

just make a comment or 2 between L&S and it's as though nothing has happened .
  • nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Actually Like and share are against T+C

3. Promotions may be administered on Pages or within apps on Facebook. Personal Timelines must not be used to administer promotions (ex: “share on your Timeline to enter” or “share on your friend's Timeline to get additional entries” is not permitted).
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • sax11
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    who reads T&C's - the liking is within their own page so isn't against terms, neither is sharing on your own wall - ways around

if they were against - why would FB create the option of liking a sharing

all scaremongering, will save all that crap you see about celebs at least
  • Lyradog
    Lyradog Posts: 148 Forumite
    Options
    Companies are the ones breaching fb rules , they are not supposed to make entry to comps dependant on sharing
  • sax11
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Lyradog wrote: »
    Companies are the ones breaching fb rules , they are not supposed to make entry to comps dependant on sharing

to take from a previous post

'Personal Timelines must not be used to administer promotions'

Personal would indicate a singular, not a company

as i said, ways around
  • vanpopple
    Options
    sax11 wrote: »

Personal would indicate a singular, not a company

as i said, ways around

However facebook are the ones who can decide whether to ban/warn people so it makes no difference if you think you have a way round, what fb say goes and theres nothing you can do about it.
    Hundreds of compers have been banned by fb, and had to make a new fb (again against fb rules)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure