Feeling a little disheartened

Options
So ive spent everyday for 3 weeks:j entering comps ending soonest and must have done over 1000 so far from dailys to a little effort and still no sign of a win, although im actually still enjoying the time i spend doing this it a feels a little fruitless - im wondering if anybody has any advice in order to give me a little lift............ reading all your winners stories is a boost it goes to show someone has to win it right???? im just wondering when its going to be me lol x x

Comments

• createbeauty
    createbeauty Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    picto1984 wrote: »
    So ive spent everyday for 3 weeks:j entering comps ending soonest and must have done over 1000 so far from dailys to a little effort and still no sign of a win, although im actually still enjoying the time i spend doing this it a feels a little fruitless - im wondering if anybody has any advice in order to give me a little lift............ reading all your winners stories is a boost it goes to show someone has to win it right???? im just wondering when its going to be me lol x x

I've had the boards cleared and up to date since November. March and this month were a bit of a drag. I did manage to get a win yesterday from a competition that ended in March, which came at a good time because I was getting very disheartened and thinking of taking a break from comping. You just have to keep at it and when nothing is expected is usually when a win comes. :) Just keep trying. I know it's hard when you're not seeing any returns but you'll get there. :)
  • rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Options
    3 weeks is nothing in comp world if you notice end by dates you will see there are no instant results you have to wait end of week/month plus time for them to send it out so 3 weeks is not a long time to wait
  • picto1984_2
    Options
    i understand - do they not send winning emails of any kind in advance? even one of those would keep me going at this moment in time ha ha ha
  • gholmes724
    gholmes724 Posts: 661 Forumite
    edited 15 April 2014 at 3:06PM
    Options
    I've been entering comps for years (decades) and I usually have a steady stream of prizes but I recently went for five weeks and won nothing, I was becoming quite disheartened and then suddenly the winnings started rolling in again, in the last ten days the winnings have never stopped, yesterday I won 'Two Crates of Special K Granola' and a 'Water-to-Go Bottle' and this morning the £50 Book token I won a few days ago arrived - thats a few books off my wanted list.

I would offer two pieces of advice, firstly don't give up, you certainly won't win if you don't enter and secondly perhaps try concentrating on blog competitions, they have far less entrants and I've won quite a few nice items from them.

Oh and imho you can waste a lot of time entering *closing comps*, you tend to go on autopilot and enter loads you're not really that interested in, better use of time is to concentrate on the things you want to win.
  • sax11
    sax11 Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Depends what you try and win
    If you're selective then the ones you need to put effort into give a better chance of return
    I don't have many wins as i refuse to enter for rubbish like crisps or a pen. That to me is OCD comping
  • picto1984_2
    Options
    thanks for the advice guys, i too am quite selective im currently concentrating on baby items (as im due in 3 weeks) and home related stuff as were also moving to a bigger house soon............. talk about hectic! i dont even know how im finding time too comp lol x with regards to blog comps can u give me any advice on how to find these as they are something i definately havent yet tried?
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    3 weeks is nothing - I enter loads - I'm always in need of small things like pens. Recently I went 6 weeks without a win - in fact wins generally are a bit sparse for me this year . It is probable that a number of the comps you have entered haven't ended yet - or id they have ended not picked a winner or picked a winner & not notified them & not sent out the prize yet
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • sax11
    sax11 Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    3 weeks is nothing - I enter loads - I'm always in need of small things like pens. Recently I went 6 weeks without a win - in fact wins generally are a bit sparse for me this year . It is probable that a number of the comps you have entered haven't ended yet - or id they have ended not picked a winner or picked a winner & not notified them & not sent out the prize yet

or not won :rotfl:
  • gholmes724
    gholmes724 Posts: 661 Forumite
    Options
    I've sent you a link to a list of blog comps - no it's not my site, just trying to be helpful :)
  • picto1984_2
    Options
    lol sounds more like my run of luck sax11 ha ha
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills