mumsnet password reset - New email today (14th)

Options
fire**fly
fire**fly Posts: 147,858 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
edited 14 April 2014 at 6:46PM in Compers chat corner
anyone else had the email from mumsnet saying they are needing to change all the passwords..

Due to a security breach we are resetting all passwords across Mumsnet

Following the recent security breach related to Heartbleed we are reseting the passwords of all users.

On Saturday 12 April, we will remove all passwords from our system and to use the site, you'll need to reset your password by clicking on the password reset link.

Type in your email address and click the 'Request reset' button and you will receive a mail to your Mumsnet registered email account. (You will need to click on the link in the mail within 30 minutes of receiving it, without changing the device you're using i.e swapping from phone to laptop, or you'll need to request a further reset).

If you do not receive a mail, please check you spam folder. The password reset mail will come to the email you used when you first registered with Mumsnet.

If you don't receive or can't access your reset mail, please [EMAIL="contactus@mumsnet.com"]contactus@mumsnet.com[/EMAIL] for help.

We are very sorry for all the fuss. We want to assure you that we followed all the published steps to protect members' security as soon as we became aware of the heartbleed security risk, but it seems that the breach occurred prior to that risk becoming known.

Most importantly, if you use the same password here as elsewhere, we strongly recommend you change your password on the other sites too.
please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

Comments

• Biker*Chick
    Biker*Chick Posts: 10,030 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks f**f

This pesky Heartbleed bug!!!

I've not had the Mumsnet email yet, but have had notifications from other sites to reset passwords.

I find lots of useful info on CNET so I've included a link, below, to their site re Heartbleed in case people want more info...

http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/how-to-protect-yourself-from-the-heartbleed-bug/

HTH :D
    =^._.^= You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats =^._.^=
  • Idol_Eyes
    Idol_Eyes Posts: 6,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've not had one from Mumsnet but I've had one from Pinterest
    2023 £2180, 2022 £300, 2021 £1800, 2015 £3790, 2014 £4460
  • emmedi
    emmedi Posts: 3,311 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did. just reset my password
    2017 wins over £50: Yorkshire break, Tefal Actifry
  • Poc
    Poc Posts: 171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did. What a pain.
  • Idol_Eyes
    Idol_Eyes Posts: 6,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Idol_Eyes wrote: »
    I've not had one from Mumsnet but I've had one from Pinterest

ETA - err sorry just found an email from 2.15am to reset my password :rotfl:

30 second job, done!
    2023 £2180, 2022 £300, 2021 £1800, 2015 £3790, 2014 £4460
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    yes and I reset mine. Also got one from Pinterest yesterday to ask me to change my password so I did. I don't click on the email link though - I go direct to the site, login, then change my password just to be sure.
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,858 Forumite
    Options
    thanks all x
    thought it better to ask & make sure others had had the
    same :A
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,751 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I've also received the letter from mumsnet.
  • StrayCat
    StrayCat Posts: 551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also got the Mumsnet letter, the most infuriating thing is it says to change your password everywhere else too if you use the same password, which I unfortunately do! Not even sure how many websites have that password! So annoying! :(
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
  • JessicAhh
    JessicAhh Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 April 2014 at 9:25AM
    Options
    Linked from the CNET article is a useful website checker from LastPass...
    https://lastpass.com/heartbleed/

I had one of these messages from Tumblr.

ETA: Useful info for LastPass users (will go and see whether Roboform has same) To LastPass Users: Click on the Security Check in your vault and LastPass will alert you to your sites that are vulnerable as well as what action we recommend taking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure