We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
mortgage after debt???
worriedwilf
Posts: 93 Forumite
Hey
We are going to move house as soon as our debt is cleared ( end of 2015) but I am a bit worried about applying for a new mortgage for the following reasons....
My credit rating was hammered when I applied for several o% cards - I didn't realise that every application left a negative mark on my report!!! I have stopped applying and my score is shoorting back up week by week.
I have made a few late payments. Nothing more than a '1' marker. Will these be a big deal in 18 months time if every other payment since is on time etc?
We are going to move house as soon as our debt is cleared ( end of 2015) but I am a bit worried about applying for a new mortgage for the following reasons....
My credit rating was hammered when I applied for several o% cards - I didn't realise that every application left a negative mark on my report!!! I have stopped applying and my score is shoorting back up week by week.
I have made a few late payments. Nothing more than a '1' marker. Will these be a big deal in 18 months time if every other payment since is on time etc?
0
Comments
-
Scores mean nothing and are never seen by lenders as they use there own internal scoring system.
Late payments / Missed payments decrease there effect within a few months of payments made on time as long as they don't go to default then it's 6 years.[strike]Debt 1 £50.70[/strike]Paid:D
Debt 2 [strike]£190£175£157[/strike]Paid:D
Debt 3 [strike]£189£169[/strike][strike]£159[/strike][strike]£124.07[/strike]Paid:D
Debt 4 [strike]£472£452[/strike]£4020
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards