Passing Water

Options
I have noticed the following for a quite a long time but just took it for granted. Could never remember to ask the doctor. Just wonder if anyone found the same.

First of all i do not drink alcohol. When i drink fluids such as tea/coffee/soft drinks or diluted orange quash i can hold my water for a reasonable time. However when i drink only water i need to go to the toilet within 10 - 20 minutes. It comes out clear, not yellow etc. Is it normal for water to just pass through?

I am in good health. Have to be careful not to drink water before a long journey otherwise it is difficult to drive with my legs crossed :D
Problem with having access to internet is that i get asked by many to solve their problems :( Well at least i learn something on the way :D

Comments

• bluekp
    bluekp Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean - on the days I try and drink the recommended 1.5 litres of water - I need the loo about every 15 minutes!

Needless to say when I'm really busy at work I don't bother with the water (no time to go to the loo)!!

Oh, and the clearer and paler it is - the better apparently!
    Debt at Highest: £11,630.10 (May 2006) Debt now: £0.00 !!!!
    Married to the man of my dreams :A - Sat 2nd June 2007
  • ktb
    ktb Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I started drinking about 1.5 litires of water a day 2 or 3 years ago and also have to go to the loo every half an hour! I feel like a bit of a freak at work.. but I think it juat means that your kidneys are working well and you are obviously not dehydrated. Mine is also pretty clear, If I do have a cup of tea or coffee I can instantly noticed the difference in my wee! (sorry if thats too much info!)

I'm happy to keep drinking plenty of water tho... Our loos at work are ridiculously busy so there is always a queue - and I can always tell when someone who doesnt drink enough water has been in before me.. the smell is horrible! I'd much rather drink plenty of water and have clear, stink free wee! :)
  • wazza
    wazza Posts: 2,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bluekp wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean - on the days I try and drink the recommended 1.5 litres of water - I need the loo about every 15 minutes!

Needless to say when I'm really busy at work I don't bother with the water (no time to go to the loo)!!

Oh, and the clearer and paler it is - the better apparently!

You are correct in saying that the clearer and paler it is the better
    Problem with having access to internet is that i get asked by many to solve their problems :( Well at least i learn something on the way :D
  • wazza
    wazza Posts: 2,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ktb wrote: »
    I ....

I'm happy to keep drinking plenty of water tho... Our loos at work are ridiculously busy so there is always a queue - and I can always tell when someone who doesnt drink enough water has been in before me.. the smell is horrible! I'd much rather drink plenty of water and have clear, stink free wee! :)

Erm you can also tell/smell who had sugar puffs for their breakfast. Also tell who is suprised to see the colour of their waste after they had beetroot. Heard it turns it to a reddish colour :eek:

:D:D:D
  • Psykicpup
    Psykicpup Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dont forget the time of day affects the colour of your wee too - the 1st of the day is not likely to be as clear as say mid afternoon.(smell is a better indication of health apperently!)
    also if you drink your water ice cold it is more likely to make you want to go to the loo more urgently so, Wazza, changing to room temp water may help.
    it could also be psychological - ie you associate water with wanting/needing to wee, so when you drink it you need to go. Urination seems really easy to pick up habits with for some reason..?(I got into a habit that was hard to break of having to go wee in every advert break after a bout of cystisis- hell to watch ITV but a film on BBC was fine lol)

In all honesty if only water has that reaction Wazza I cant see there is a medical problem - reckon the water temps to blame!- but if you are concerned do check with a doctor of course
    I THINK is a whole sentence, not a replacement for I Know

Supermarket Rebel No 19:T
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    wazza wrote: »
    Erm you can also tell/smell who had sugar puffs for their breakfast. Also tell who is suprised to see the colour of their waste after they had beetroot. Heard it turns it to a reddish colour :eek:

:D:D:D

:wave: (that's the closest I can find to me putting my hand up) I can confirm the beetroot thing, years ago I had a fancy for beetroot and ate a whole jar of babybeetroot, next time I went I thought I was dying as it looked like I was passing blood:eek: shh now don't tell anyone.;)
    Booo!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport