Glucosamine (coated)

Options
I have tried to take Glucosamine the dose 1500mg but find i cannot get them down they stick in my throat I have tried to cut them but they still get stuck. Does anyone know of some that have a coating on i have also tried smaller ones but they still stick.

Comments

• serena
    serena Posts: 2,387 Forumite
    Options
    I always try to buy them in capsule form because they are much easier to slip down than in tablet form.

Perhaps try taking them with milk rather than water? The other tip I was given to help my son who is really bad with tablets, is to take a largish mouthful of water, swallow, and then another immediately - don't take the glass away from your mouth - easier to demonstrate than to explain!

Or could you crush them up and mix with a little honey or jam?
    It is never too late to become what you were always intended to be
  • mutley_muppet
    mutley_muppet Posts: 1,071 Forumite
    Options
    If you can get hold of yesterdays Daily Mail (from library maybe?) there is a voucher on page 44 for a free 30 tablet bottle of glucosamine from Lloyds chemists. They are melt in your mouth 1500mg ones.
    You can also buy liquid glucosamine supplements from health food shops.
    MM. x
    "I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again."

Stephen Grellet, (1773-1855).
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    Ted_Hutchinson Posts: 7,142 Forumite
    Options
    The Zipvit catalogue claims their new 1500 Glucosamine are smaller and easier to swallow, they also have a break line so it is easy to split them to make 2 smaller 750mg tablets. £12.95 3.6p/d

They also do a Joint Genie liquid that comes on a 3 for 2 offer so you get 3 for £19.90 for 108 days supply 18.5p/d for 1500mg glucosamine.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family