What Now?

rootypooty
rootypooty Posts: 9 Forumite
edited 31 March 2014 at 4:57PM in Mortgages & endowments
This isn't my first property purchase, but it's been 6 years and we didn't use a broker last time...

We are using a Broker and on Tuesday last week our application was put in for a mortgage with Woolwich. On Wednesday I emailed the broker just to check it had gone in and he said it looks like the initial credit check had come back positive and the full appication should be accepted tomorrow (Thursday).

I found out when ringing Thursday afternoon that my broker was out of the office until today. I've sent an email and tried to call and can't get a hold of him.

My question is - should I have heard something back, or is this normal? I can't see any searches have been conducted on my credit files either, although I'm not sure how long those take to appear. Should I be chasing, or is it likely just nothing has happened?

Comments

• amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    these questions are about London and Country's service standards.

we cannot answer them.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure