BR dates /OR Interview

Options
I am starting this thread so people can share their experiance of the process as it was mentioned on another thread that it could help.

please add Your court date /place ,Date of OR Interview and general experiance i think this will help alot of posters that need reasurance.

I will try and keep it on the front page :D
Official DFW NERD 189

I may be a woman but dont hold it against me:D

Officially declared Br 6/11/06

Discharged Br 4/5/07 (6 months to the day)

BCSC MEMBER 21

Comments

• JulesJay
    JulesJay Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ,

This is my experience of Brighton County Court.

COURT DAY 21/6/07

Arrived 10.00 for 10.30am appointment

Took the BR fee plus three copies of petition with me as requested by the court - all courts vary remember to check just to be on the safe side what they need.

Though very daunting at first it was a very easy process and everyone at the court was very friendly and helpful.

Shown to a waiting room with about 4 other people.

One of the ushers / admin officers then took me into a small side office where she went through the petition with me which she got me to sign and then swear on the bible that the petition was true and accurate of my circumstances.

She was very friendly and made sure I was okay before she told me to go and pay the money over the counter downstairs and then come back up to another waiting room where I would wait to see the judge.

There was a bit of waiting around because the judge was seeing other cases and we would be seen at the end - had to wait about an hour.

Saw the judge - took about two minutes - not a court just a small side office - he was very nice and stamped up my petition and wished me good luck.

Went down to the office again with the usher who gave me my copy and said that the official receiver would ring me that afternoon just to confirm a few details and to arrange a more in depth chat regarding the BR.

Received a letter confirming they required a telephone interview and what documentation they wanted which in my case was a years worth of Bank and Credit Card Statements, plus all card (if I had them) and used and unused cheque books.

OR INTERVIEW 2/7/07

It really is nothing to worry about - but I didn't believe when the guys kept telling me before!

They will go through the petition you presented at court - which is why you have a copy given to you.

They confirm your details and ask whether anything has changed since it was presented as in dates, totals etc and if you have forgotten or missed any creditors.

Then they go through your creditors, loans etc asking, like with the loans what the money was used for, when you last used your credit cards and if there were any big purchases, going through what it was for - sounds scary but it really isn't.

They will ask - like they did on the form - why you think you have got to this point.

The interview will vary in length depending on your circumstances , it took about an hour and a half in my case because I am self empolyed and she was asking some bits and pieces about what I did and trading etc

So there is really nothing to worry about just be honest with what has happened.

You will get nervous, but that is called being human!

I had a spent the day before getting prepared with all my paperwork, and going through, dates etc and then laid it out on the table when she rang so I had it in front of me.

You cant help feeling apprehensive, nervous, paranoid - you name it - but they do not judge or criticise they are just there to take you through what has happened.

Remember if you do not understand anything then ask.

I hope this in someway helps all those just starting the process.

If I there is anything that I miss I will edit the post to keep you up to date with the info.

Jules x :j
    'What is right for one soul may not be right for another.
    It may mean having to stand on your own
    and do something strange in the eyes of others.
    But do not be daunted,
    do whatever it is because you know within it is right for you.'
    'Eileen Caddy'
    BSC: No: 79
  • gettingitsorted
    gettingitsorted Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for starting us off Jules
    Official DFW NERD 189

BCSC MEMBER 21
  • molly73
    molly73 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

My husband is at the court now! They were really good actually we phoned last week to say we had a few CCJ just about to go through (self employed business debts) they said he could go in today and the court would go through all the paperwork and stamp it and this would hold off the CCJs happening. Were are just a bit worried about leaving out one creditor - my husbands ex landlord who we know will make our life hell if he can, at the moment he has some of my husbands equipment and is leaving us alone!
    Will let you know what happened at the court later.
    "Anyone can be great with money. With money, greatness is not a talent but an obligation. The trick is to be great without money" Husband BR Friday 13th June 07 .. still not finalised..
    :eek:
  • gettingitsorted
    Options
    bump bump bump
    Official DFW NERD 189

BCSC MEMBER 21
  • JulesJay
    JulesJay Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    Thought I would bump this up for you GIS.

Hope this helps some of the new people on the boards.

Maybe hopefully get a few more of the guys to add their experiences.

Jules x
    'What is right for one soul may not be right for another.
    It may mean having to stand on your own
    and do something strange in the eyes of others.
    But do not be daunted,
    do whatever it is because you know within it is right for you.'
    'Eileen Caddy'
    BSC: No: 79
  • mushroom1982
    Options
    i have found this post really useful as I'm a bit panicked about the thought of going to court as I know one of the main reasons I'm in the situation I'm in is because I've been an idiot and when I look back now I didn't exactly approach my finances in a particularly adult manner. I only realised what a serious thing money actually is when i was already in bother with money. I hope the OR doesn't judge me with this.
  • savagevixen
    savagevixen Posts: 1,276 Forumite
    Options
    BR 23/03/07 At court 9.30am-12.30pm Local County Court

Declared Br at 11.02am In front of a judge.

Phonecall with OR for 2mins at 12.25pm Informed we would receive a pack in the post with details of our telephone interview.

29/03/07 Received pack for OR along with date and time of telephone interview.
    OH was unavoidably at work, so the OR changed the interview to 7/04/07, unfortunately this was Good Friday, so she realised a week later...
    OR interview was 10/04/07 @12. Lasted @ 10 mins.

Allowed to keep 2 vehicles.
    :starmod: I am not that savage :heartpuls But I am a Vixen :staradmin
  • gettingitsorted
    Options
    Thanx Vix x
    Official DFW NERD 189

BCSC MEMBER 21
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport