hair extension disaster!!!

Options
can anybody advise my wife regarding complaining about an awful hairdresser?

she had several hundred pounds of treatments last year and it was a disaster - and a complete rip off!!!:mad: :mad:

she has been browsing the net and found a site full of complaints from other customers all wondering about forming a complaint group?

anyone got any advice?

Diane Hair International in Cambridge - could someone read the reviews and comment where we may stand pls?

its nearly a year now since my wifes disaster tho so maybe too late for her but worth a try .....................

Comments

• kickstart_3
    kickstart_3 Posts: 410 Forumite
    Options
    Is the hairdresser a member of the National Federation of Hairdressers? If she is maybe contact them? If not howabout the small claims court?
  • dk67
    dk67 Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    :beer: thanks i will check this out
  • dk67
    Options
    member of hairdressing council and also a member of the fellowship of british hairdressing - can i complain to them? and if so how? thanks
  • kickstart_3
    kickstart_3 Posts: 410 Forumite
    Options
    I am not sure sorry . Maybe Google will give you an address or phone number? It would seem you might be in luck then ! Surely they are governing bodies that will be able to help you ? If not how about the good old CAB ?
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Your problem here would be how to prove the damage. Did you complain at the time? Did you get the opinion of another hairdresser? Do you even have proof that the extensions were done at that particular salon? Without proof it would be your word against that of the hairdresser.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • dk67
    Options
    good point - i have the receipts, several of the extensions with the shoddy glue and i did show another hairdresser at the time but have nothing in writing tho.

i went back to complain about the extensions a few weeks after they were put in - they made so many excuses and then used the same ones that had fallen out, brushed them, then glued them back in!:eek:

i was too timid to complain more!

i found a website with lots of awful reviews about the same salon

do you think it would be ok to put a link on here? i dont want to get sued!!!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure