Advise needed

Options
ok I won a luxury weekend to Barcelona to be taken before 31/12/2014. My best win so far.
The flights have to be taken with Vueling airlines. Which only fly from London which in itself is hard for me as from where I am is a 4-6 hour train ride for a two hour flight. I did not realise this when I entered the comp. However as the comp came from a London based magazine (Timeout), I don't think there is much I can do about it. I already asked and they are not willing to give me a cash alternative for the flights.
The problem I need advise for is that I requested to travel beginning of July but they have said that there all flights are full in July and August. I have checked the dates and flights are all available.
I queried this and they replied "The conditions we have with all companies are "subject to availibity". The air company does not give us availibity in July".

Comments

• sax11
    sax11 Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    £10 and i'll have them :D

have a look at the terms of the comp - the 'subject to availiabilty' clause is used on all of them as they would probably prefer you to take the trip when there are less paying holiday makers
  • wdah
    wdah Posts: 884 Forumite
    Options
    Usually the seats are taken out of a promo allocation rather than the for sale allocation, aren't they? So they might just have no promo allocation during peak times. Would have been helpful if they'd have said that upfront, mind.
  • JessicAhh
    JessicAhh Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you looked at cost of flights to Barcelona from a more local airport? It may be worth your while, as you're likely to find flights cheaper than a train fare to London, if you're that far away...
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    is there a megabus? we did south of bristol to heathrow for around £20 each (using megabus/ tube & local bus- most of the cost was local) we did the same start to Stansted for around £30 return booking in advance on the train
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • chealehay
    chealehay Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes I have looked at going from a local airport, which I might do, or go a few days earlier and have a few days in London first.
    I had hoped that taking the break in the first half of July I would miss the peak school holiday times.
    Sorry Sax I believe it is against forum rules to give away prizes on here lol.
    Yes it would have helped if they said when was available rather than let me organise when I can go my side then find it's not available
  • chealehay
    chealehay Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Afraid a coach is 7.5-9 hours.
  • space-helmet
    Options
    how do u start a new thread???
  • snakepilsen
    snakepilsen Posts: 2,757 Forumite
    Options
    how do u start a new thread???

newthread.gif
  • CupcakeLisa
    CupcakeLisa Posts: 599 Forumite
    Options
    chealehay wrote: »
    Afraid a coach is 7.5-9 hours.

For me a free trip to Barcelona is worth a day on the bus
    Best Wins - New York Trip, going Nov 2014: £350 House of Frazer Vouchers: £70 Handbag: Nitro Circus Live Tickets
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure