Wanting to tone up on the cheap

Options
My BMI is normal, but I'd like to tone up my flabby thighs and add some muscle/definition to my arms/shoulders.

My main irritant are my chunky calves - their pretty muscular! It must be genetic. Is there any way to slim these down?

I'm also looking for not-so-expensive exercise classes in the South West London area, does anyone know of any that would help with my desire to tone my body?

Many Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not sure about classes but swimming would tone you up all over and probably cost the same.

Or for free you could try power walking for the legs and cardio work and to tone the arms try lifting some light weights - cans of beans?
  • Justie
    Justie Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    Options
    get some weights and go online to find a weights programme to suit you - weights don't have to build bulk but they will help your overall shape - but you must work out in a certian way so that you don't damage your body (big muscle groups first usually) hence the need for a proper programme. Get a set of free weights from Argos for about £20. Mix this with walking, skipping, running or cycling to get some cardio going and you'll see results.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure