Paratus AMC being awkward

Options
So long story short went BR in 08 after accident at work

Had no significant debts. Just small amount on CC. All other loans settled. Or secured on house.

BR was due to council tax arrears of just under £800

Paratus had gradually increas the mortgage payment till it go too large to pay

So i finally stopped fighting repossession.

Due to the BR the shortfall and secured loan are now provable debts.

Now my issue.

Paratus seem to be deliberately sitting on the house and reporting to credit reference agencies that i still own them money and that it is increasing every month.

The secured loan shows up as concluded

Nothing else on credit file as i have no credit.

Paratus did try and get me to sign some paperwork. Which i refused.

Idiot i spoke to last week denied there was such a thing as a deed of acknowledgment, i think that is the correct terminology.

I shall be trying to get in touch with the OR to try and get to the bottomg of this.

But thought i would be post here as there are many people on here that are knowledgable in these things.

I feel they should stop reporting to the CRAs.

They say they can do so till they sell the property.

I reckon they are just being arsey because i refuse to sign a DoA

Any comments welcome

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • bigjl
    bigjl Posts: 6,457 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Fermi.

The Ombudsmans note at the bottom are extremely relevant.

Have also found out that Paratus AMC have also "forgotten" to inform the council that they are responsible for the council tax.

The council are truly ignorant, having pertitioned for my BR and managed to serve me when i was out of the country, they were informed by us we had moved out.

But for some reason don't believe us.

I now have a direction to take this.
  • fermi
    Options
    There is some stuff in ICO guidance that should be relevent. I shall check.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• fermi
    Options
    May also be relevant to whether they have (a) recorded a default yet and (b) if they do, that it should be backdated to your BR date anyway, rendering the subsequent payment history void.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4786246

• bigjl
    Options
    Thanks again Fermi.

Will be studying those links in details today.

I feel they are just being annoying as i refused to be tricked into signing the DoA and they are hoping to cause me as much hardship as possible.

Thanks to them i can't even get a Vanquis or similar credit card to start rebuilding.

Luckily we have started a small company and have managed to secure funding via that source to build the business.
  • bigjl
    Options
    Have now made a complaint to the Ombudsman.

Paratus have now rented the house out.

And Marlin have been in contact about the secured loan, lol.

Asked them why they have not been in contact for nearly 6 years.

And tried to insist i had to pay a secured loan after BR.

I agreed.

Until the house was handed back/repossessed and now they can whistle.
  • fermi
    Options
    bigjl wrote: »
    Until the house was handed back/repossessed and now they can whistle.

That they can. :)

Thanks for the update.

• bigjl
    Options
    Within days of my complaint to the Ombudsman.

Paratus have reduced the outstanding balance on my crdit file by the amount that was originally borrowed.

But they have added over £10k which seems to be the payments i did not make after the had the house back.

This was a specific date agreed when the representatives arrived to take possession and change locks.

House is now rented out.

As far as i am aware it was never sold so i assume Paratus are the ones renting it out.

With any luck the tenants will cause loads of damage to the house.

As you can tell.

I loath Paratus AMC.

I just hate the financial advisor that sold us a mortgage with more shortfalls than advantages.

And to think if the credit crunch had not happened it woud never have come to this as we would have remortgaged to a much better product.
  • Corruption_2
    Options
    I am having a great deal of trouble with this company and don't know where to turn, as its now well past 7 years and they are now taking action even though they have taken house and not informed me.
    Surely these people should not be able to get away with this!!! How are there so many complaints and they still continue to operate in this way?
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello

Corruption wrote: »
    I am having a great deal of trouble with this company and don't know where to turn, as its now well past 7 years and they are now taking action even though they have taken house and not informed me.
    Surely these people should not be able to get away with this!!! How are there so many complaints and they still continue to operate in this way?

I'm sorry to hear you're in this position - however if you're looking for any advice in your own right you might be better served by starting a separate thread from this one, just in case there are material differences between your scenario and that of bigjl.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure