Still cold enough for base layers!

"if the state cannot find within itself a place for those who peacefully refuse to worship at its temples, then it’s the state that’s become extreme".Revd Dr Giles Fraser on Radio 4 2017

Comments

• Jong_2
    Jong_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Will definitely check this out :)
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 March 2014 at 5:59PM
    Hi,

still wearing mine, long sleeved, it's cold up here, we had a hail shower today.

Got mine from here, £3.99 postage though, but was ordering waterproof leggings at same time.
  • brat
    brat Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    I must admit, I prefer to buy good brand. Based on the premise that if you buy well, you buy once. I've bought Rapha since I was introduced to the brand, and, ok, I've spent over a grand on a pro rain cape, 2 pro jerseys, a brevet jersey, pro bib shorts two base layers, arm warmers, leg warmers, gloves and socks, but they feel so good and right to ride in, and the fabric quality is exceptional.
    Sometimes you just have to treat yourself! :-)
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
  • I'm surprised the use of the word 'Rapha' on here didn't make the site crash! Money-saving it isn't... (Nice kit though)
    It's only numbers.
  • armyknife
    armyknife Posts: 596 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    So jeans, t-shirt and an old jumper are a no-no?
  • brat
    I'm surprised the use of the word 'Rapha' on here didn't make the site crash! Money-saving it isn't... (Nice kit though)
    It's my hobby, and I don't smoke and hardly drink, so it's my little extravagance (along with a nice bike of course:D).

I've bought other brands (including Crane) and was never completely satisfied with the product. Rapha works really well for me, and it's built to last. I don't like spending any more than I have to. But if you consider cost per year or cost per mile of use, I bet my Rapha products will start to equate more reasonably with other products.
  • dandelionclock30
    dandelionclock30 Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    edited 24 March 2014 at 1:27PM
    One of my friends used to be a pro cyclist and he's had Rapha gear and says he doesnt think its very good quality and that a jacket fell to bits. He said that unless they were given it for nothing a serious cyclist wouldnt use it as in pro circles it doesnt have a very good reputation.
    Its aimed at mamils with a high disposable income.
  • brat
    One of my friends used to be a pro cyclist and he's had Rapha gear and says he doesnt think its very good quality and that a jacket fell to bits. He said that unless they were given it for nothing a serious cyclist wouldnt use it as in pro circles it doesnt have a very good reputation.
    Its aimed at mamils with a high disposable income.

Doesn't seem to bother Team Sky too much... ;)

One of the other reasons I like it (apart from the quality) is that it doesn't scream at you like the eurostyle tricoleur apparel you see around with gaudy brand decals. It's nicely understated.

One other thing is if you are not totally satisfied, you can return the item at their cost within a month for a full refund. You can also send items for repair (if you hit the deck) totally free of charge.

As I say, buy well, buy once.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure