claiming ppi back from black and white mortgage company

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaiming Mortgage Fees, Council Tax, etc
1 reply 1.8K views
vashti30vashti30 Forumite
1 Post
hi we took out insurance thro black and white mortgage company, about 8 years ago having to pay 6,000 up front which we added to the mortgage it was 3,000 each person to cover the usual cover unemployment sickness etc we asked at the time if my partner was would be covered as he worked to part time jobs 1 half the year and 1 in the other they said as long as written proof from both companies then it was fine. my partner was later made redundant and tried to claim to be told he was not covered i believe we were therefore miss sold but i no longer have any paperwork all i know was the mortgage was with northern rock can i claim the ppi back and how do i go about it as i know that black and white mortgage company ceased trading in 2008 :(

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You put a complaint to the Financial services compensation scheme. This is as long as you bought the product after January 2005. If you bought it before then you are stuffed.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals