Every little helps "For Some"

Options
Supermarkets still continue to display prices lower that what is charged at the till, meaning tthat on a big 'shop' you may not notice the overcharge.

Recently my grandson selected a book from a display where adhesive stickers were attached to the items proclaiming "2 for £7, £3.85 each"
Checking my bill later, I found it was priced at £4
Although only 15pence more, the principle is at stake and as often used by the store "every little helps" then who benefits ?

I did e mail customer services, the reply being "Sorry you MAY ?? have been overcharged" and stated the overcharge policy of double the difference, provided I return the book. Try taking a new book from a 2 year old !!

Obviously I shall NOT be collecting the 30 pence refund, and shall avoid purchasing from the store, and making others aware of the pricing errors which are not new to the store.

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Their email is perhaps badly phrased, take the book and receipt to customer service to get the DTD refund. You don't have to return the book. Personally I check every receipt from that chain thoroughly, some branches seem better than others.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure