What's needed for eBay - Report this item!

Options
Why is it that with my GMail account I can just click Report As Spam, with Windows Error Reporting it's as easy as click send error report but to report a listing violation on eBay requires long navigation of their site and then copying and pasting item numbers?

Surely they could have a report this item button on the page of the seller for all the link cons/ junk in the wrong category/betting/cash for nothing type items?
Alex Jones

Comments

• danmanchester
    danmanchester Posts: 1,272 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have found Milton Keynes roundabouts easier to navigate than Ebay's multitude of confusing links! Call me a cynic..but perhaps they'll hope you give up in exasperation thus ensuring they receive their fees without having to actually DO anything .....
  • Tojo_Ralph
    Tojo_Ralph Posts: 8,373 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The system makes reporting items difficult..... Not by accident..... But by design. ;)

EBay don't want items reported..... Reports mean work, and work means paying staff to do the work. They pay no attention now to reports, imagine if they gave users the ability to report hundreds of items an hour? ..... Sorry ..... The big people at EBay would never subscribe to anything like a report button. :)
    The MSE Dictionary
    Loophole - A word used to entice people to read clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Rip Off - Clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Terms and Conditions - Otherwise known as a loophole or a rip off.
  • drstonk
    drstonk Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    Amen to this, my ebay experience is getting more negative all the time
    perhaps we should all put our complaints into an e-book and sell multiple copies for 1p with 1p postage if enough people did this they might start to take real action on the legitimate complaints many of us have
    Cymru Am Byth
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,266 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't find the system particularly difficult at all.

Open two windows, set up the email reporting in one window and cut and paste from the other window and report the 'bad' listings 10 at a time, easy. FOr more than 10 at a time, just hit the 'back' button' clear the report box and report another 10 items.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • photoman_3
    photoman_3 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    As most people have already said, eBay don't want you to report these auctions. It means work for them, and it also means they don't get their fees if they do decide to cancel an auction. I put the suggestion of a 'Report Auction' button on auctions to eBay over a year ago, and got the usual generated email thanking me. Needless to say, hav never heard from them since.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure