Porting with Nationwide

Options
I am planning to remortgage with nationwide. My 3 year fix is ending and I plan to take out a new 5 year fix. I was going to apply online for the £100 bonus. I have been searching google and their terms and conditions for porting but cannot find anything. Does anybody know where the link is to the terms and conditions of porting or whether I can port a nationwide mortgage. If I could not this may impact on the length of term I would fix for.

Thanks

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Porting merely refers to the transfer of existing terms and conditions such as the interest rate .

In all regards this will be a new mortgage application subject to all the normal checks. Porting unless contractually stated, is at the discretion of the lender.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Porting = moving house, taking new mortgage with existing lender and moving rate from old mortgage to new one.

Remortgage = moving mortgage on current property to a new lender.

Product transfer/customer retention product = asking current lender for a new deal to replace old one on current property/mortgage.

Please confirm which you are considering.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • rob404uk
    rob404uk Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    I have no plans to move. I just agreed to remortgage but with taking a long fix I wanted to know if I could port the future remortgage. With a friends help I found some terms and conditions and it appears that I can so I went with the remortgage.

Thanks for the replies
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Right. So you're remortgaging now and wondering about porting for a house move later?

Just remember porting is moving the rate. You have to satisfy the lender's criteria for a new mortgage to port the rate to at that time. There is no guarantee you'll be granted a new mortgage.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure