Hobbit Feet

Options
It's World Book Day next week and for the first time ever our school is taking part.D.S wants to go as "a" Baggins (Frodo or Bilbo ) I've got a waistcoat short trousers,ears and D.S hair is messy anyhow!!How can I do the hairy feet please?
Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.

Comments

• Engagedtobaz
    Options
    If you look on the bay of E, there are some on there.

Otherwise what about socks with some fake hair stuck on. I am sure pounl*nd would have something that can be cut up and stuck on.

Sorry I am not all that creative.
    Wins 2014 - £100 John Lewis Vouchers, Personalised Razor, Aunt Bessies Oven Glove. Good food show tickets. Forever Friends Bear.
  • julie03
    julie03 Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    Options
    I am doing the same, I am stuffing pop socks with cotton wool and stitching the toes in then putting hair on top. The pop sock will be worn over normal shoes but the leg bit inside the shoes. I have seen a tutorial for it , will try and find it
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks for you replies.What do you think of a pair of skin coloured socks with brown wool pulled through for hair and worn over his shoes.I had a look on a site called "Pinterest" and some were brill but way above my abilities!I'll give the sock idea a go.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • LolaLemon
    Options
    pop socks is a great idea, i would get him to put them on with the shoes he is going to be wearing, then pin skin coloured felt near the ankle, shape the felt into a foot looking shape and attach wool hair (sew, pull through, or glue), take off, sew altogether and get rid of pins etc then sew a bit of elastic to go under the shoe and button or snap fasten at the other side.
    Living Simply, not simply living.
    Cheap Christmas '15

Frugal Living for fifth year running. (2010-2015)
    Weight Loss - 5b/55lb
    Books Read 2015- 7/30
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family