Compression tights

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
7 replies 1K views
~Chameleon~~Chameleon~ Forumite
12K Posts
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
Can anyone recommend any good quality compression tights that won't necessarily break the bank please? For use in the gym for weightlifting rather than running so thermal properties not essential but need to be thick enough so they don't become transparent whilst wearing them :rotfl:

Cheers me dears :beer:
“You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”

Replies

• I've always worn skins (for running mind you) and have never had any issues with them.
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • Strange question coming from a weights fanatic - but why do you use compression tights? :)

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Starmer4PM #Bremainer
  • ~Chameleon~~Chameleon~ Forumite
    12K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange question coming from a weights fanatic - but why do you use compression tights? :)

HBS x

I haven't so far but I want to start competing on a local level (just found a new club) and compression tights help with recovery and transporting oxygen to muscles and decreasing DOMS. Plus they're more practical when doing deads and cleans by reducing friction.
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • Strange question coming from a weights fanatic - but why do you use compression tights? :)

HBS x

Good question, it is supposed to aid recovery and reduce the chance of injury - whether it does or not is another question but actually I've grown quite close to my compression gear and enjoy wearing it - it feels very comfy and now going back to loose fitting clothing for running is just not going to happen.
  • messesmesses Forumite
    41 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    They aren't strictly compression tights in a sporting sense. But Primarks shaper leggings are pretty good for sport.
  • I always wear loose stuff because I hate the way I look but I do need some new gym gear :) so I thought I would ask!

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Starmer4PM #Bremainer
  • I always wear loose stuff because I hate the way I look but I do need some new gym gear :) so I thought I would ask!

HBS x

I find loose stuff chafes, not great on long runs!!

Plus, you can always wear loose stuff over the top of the compression gear.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals