Home ed with allergies

Options
How many of you with severely allergic children home educate?
What where your main reasons?
How does a typical week work for you?

Comments

• dee_mum_of_3
    dee_mum_of_3 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    i home educate primarily due to ill health of our middle son but hopefully hes well enough to start secondary in sept but i will continue to home ed matts age 6 we tend to stick to a fairly rigid arrangement lessons from 9-11 ish then break for lunch then in the afternoon craft baking or other house stuff or we go out so far so good!
    we have been assesed 3 times and each time have had fab reports its not an easy option but its not as hard as you might think- theres loads of info on the net and children learn what they can from most activities having said that we do it in accordance with school structures using key stage materials but if you opt out its entirely your choice.
    i think the best you can do is try it and see if it works then all well and good if it doesnt then you can look for alternatives having said that its far easier with a child whos never been to school than a child who already has experienced the routine of the classroom....i personally think christmas and end of term activities are v hard as you miss the seasonal buzz but as in our case it was needs must.good luck whatever path you take
    :p dee mum of 3 "before you buy ...think,how many hours have i worked to pay for this?,do i need it? or can i get it r&r in tesco!! hee heee:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure