Pre-half marathon meal?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
23 replies 3.4K views
13»

Replies

• Domino9 wrote: »
    Not sure what that it, but is sounds mega hardcore and pretty horrific!

beginning to think about a full marathon next year, just working up the confidence!

I've 2 more halfs this year.

Hope the ultra marathon goes well though - keep us posted!

D9

It is 52miles. I've done three half marathons but going straight to the ultra in July, think it should be fairly straight forward.

Of course nutrition is important, but I volunteered at an ultra last year and met someone who had run 62 miles and only eaten a bag of crisps and a banana!
  • barbarawrightbarbarawright Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Domino9 wrote: »
    Update. I had pasta the night before and then breakfast as normal on the morning (cereal and toast), then a banana a couple of hours before running. And I had a gel mid run (I always get hungry c. 10/12 k into a run, regardless of pre-race running).

It went fine, no problems at all (well apart from the wind and rain).

I completed in 2hours 5mins and was very pleased with this.

Next goal 2 hours!

Thanks for all the advice,

D9

Well done! :beer: Marathon next year?
  • IdiophreakIdiophreak Forumite
    12K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is 52miles. I've done three half marathons but going straight to the ultra in July, think it should be fairly straight forward.

Of course nutrition is important, but I volunteered at an ultra last year and met someone who had run 62 miles and only eaten a bag of crisps and a banana!

Superhuman :)

I've done *stacks* of half marathons, but the step up to marathon last year was a major shock to the system (albeit I had a very short training period due to injury)...20 miles was easy, the last 10k were killer....the idea of having another 26m to go after that? *barf*

You have much admiration! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Avro Energy and Green cease trading

What it means for your gas & electrity

MSE News

Energy mythbusting

What really makes a difference?

MSE Guides

Free £6 Amazon credit for some

When you add £50 to gift card balance

MSE Deals