Sainsbury delivery pass?

Hi
Looking at shopping more online as my health is making it harder for me to visit the supermarket.

Seen Sainsburys, aswell as the other supermarkets now do a delivery pass.

Asda do one for £8 a month which seems to be the cheapest monthley pass.

Sainsbury do 6 or 12 months which are on offer at the mo, a 6 month anyday/time price being reduced from £60 to £40.until The 16th March.

My question is have these passes been on offer b4? Only just seen
them.

Comments

• purple45
    purple45 Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I know this doesn't answer your question (I don't know the answer) but it occurred to me that as well as the cost of the delivery passes its well worth considering the cost of buying from a particular supermarket and the service you are going to get. For example Asda could give away free deliverys for life but nothing would convince me to order from them again. Tesco get it right most of the time, and on the rare occasions they don't their customer service is great. I've not tried Sainsburys.
    Good luck!
    Many thanks to everyone who posts competitions and works so hard to provide all the answers!
    Best wins this year so far: £100 Hobbycraft Voucher, £50 cash, GoPro Camera
  • paulsad
    paulsad Posts: 1,315 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sainsburys have done passes for some time like the others. They work out to be a good saving when you shop online regularly with the same supermarket.
  • purple45 wrote: »
    I know this doesn't answer your question (I don't know the answer) but it occurred to me that as well as the cost of the delivery passes its well worth considering the cost of buying from a particular supermarket and the service you are going to get. For example Asda could give away free deliverys for life but nothing would convince me to order from them again. Tesco get it right most of the time, and on the rare occasions they don't their customer service is great. I've not tried Sainsburys.
    Good luck!

Same experience as me... WHATEVER YOU DO APPLEPAD.......
    leave Adsa alone. Really not worth the hassle of substitutions and a huge amount of what they sell is not available on line.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 February 2014 at 10:46PM
    Different people have different good and bad experiences of various companies. I signed up for ASDA when it introduced the 3-months for £15 anytime pass (offer withdrawn early in February). I don't use it for fresh foods preferring to select my own items in store. Nor do I permit substitutions. So my good experiences have come within those limits. Such minor errors that have occurred have been in my favour (on a couple of occasions items that I hadn't ordered being delivered but not charged) or quickly dealt with to my satisfaction. I have also qualified for credits under the ASDA Price Guarantee. Be aware that if paying for deliveries individually the minimum purchase is only £25 but with a pass the minimum is £40 per delivery. ASDA pass also includes free delivery from ASDA Direct and George but I have never used those.

Ocado has offers for free trial midweek deliveries from time to time but is in general as dear or more expensive than ASDA for the same branded goods. Also after the trial delivery passes cost more than ASDA. Supposedly its fresh produce and service are of a higher quality but I cannot vouch for that. The one-hour delivery slots are misleading as for one of my two deliveries they turned up 20 mins early.

Waitrose do free deliveries for a £50 minimum spend but I have no experience of using that. Again prices tend to be dearer than ASDA so the "free" delivery may be included in the price of the goods.

When comparing the price of monthly and longer passes bear in mind how much you are likely to spend and how often. On occasions I have stocked up on things just to make up the minimum order. After a time I had stocked up on more than enough of everything. You may wish to have a pause between deliveries so monthly passes could work out no dearer than one for a longer period.
  • pullenuk
    pullenuk Posts: 305 Forumite
    I have the sainsburys pass. The real issue I have is that there is only two of us, therefore we won't spend £100 to get free delivery but I still want to stick to shopping on a budget. So the delivery pass gets rid of the delivery charges everytime so it saves me money and I use my supermarket to help me budge and get the vest deals. I have price alerts on things I regularly get (go on offer I buy bulk).

Easy and simple.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport