Best way to sell old baby clothes

Options
Can anyone tell me where they have found the best place to sell old baby clothes to be? I have 3 years worth and the proceeds would be useful towards our new arrival!

If normally use eBay but feel that bids are low, maybe due to an increase in postage fees and they do take a fair chunk of your money along with paypal. Any tips on the best way to improve on eBay?

Also considered the baby and childrens markets - think they are NCT.

Facebook?

Don't want to stand out in the cold doing car boot!

Thanks

Comments

• chillicheeks
    Options
    Facebook groups in a bundle smaller ones don't sell as well as many get given lots as gifts. If you have any expensive label ones may be worth putting on eBay but check first what they go for.
  • alexjonsson
    Options
    shomk wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where they have found the best place to sell old baby clothes to be? I have 3 years worth and the proceeds would be useful towards our new arrival!

Keep them for the new arrival - depending on the gender of course?!

We haven't sold at them but have always found NCT sales to be great for picking up bargains and the sellers all seem happy too.
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gumtree or Facebook selling pages, seem to be where you get the best money. I haven't sold baby clothes but have sold lots of other stuff, because it's local people don't have to pay postage which is a crippler.
    On our local FB pages, small bundles of baby clothes seem to go better than single items, unless they're really good names.
  • Al1x
    Al1x Posts: 1,653 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm going to keep an eye on this thread... I've been trying ebay and facebook with no luck!
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Al1x wrote: »
    I'm going to keep an eye on this thread... I've been trying ebay and facebook with no luck!

Have you tried Gumtree?
    Have you found lots of local FB selling pages? Our area seems to have hundreds, I know there are dedicated baby & children ones but don't know how well they do as don't have babies or tots to sell.
  • sugar.lady
    sugar.lady Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I always sell my little ones clothes on gumtree as bundles or local selling pages on facebook both the seller and buyer save money better than buying or selling on ebay. But if you sell huge bundles sometimes ebay is good place to sell.
    But remember the clothes are second hand and don't expect to sell them at half the RRP, as people looking to buy second hand clothes because they are cheap. ie when i sell my children clothes i sell excellent condition clothes for .50p, £1, £2 or maximum £3 per item.
    Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport