What to buy my 2year old daughter - Birthday Gift

Options
My daughter will turn 2 at the start of May so i want to start hunting around for what we can get her so i can keep an eye out for a good deal.

What did you buy your 2 year old?

We try to buy a 'main' present and then some smaller top ups. Family / friends are all told to get her clothes if they ask what to buy her.

Is she too young for a bike? She got a kitchen for her christmas. Any other ideas??

Comments

• carlamarie_2
    Options
    She's not too young for a bike. We replaced ds2s trike for a "proper" bike with a parent handle when he turned 2.
    You can get 10" bikes without the handle, but as we decided to ditch the pram, we wanted one that we could help steer with if we were going out for long. The handle helped us help him to learn too.
    He was two last May and we've removed the handle completely now.

Ours was from toys r us, I can't do links but if you put reference number 602027 into the search bar on their website it will bring you up the girls version.
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
  • carlamarie_2
    Options
    Forgot to put other ideas lol!
    We also got him a couple of little people car sets and pirate boats, not sure what girly versions they do?!

He also got a tilt and turn scooter from grandparents, which I also reccomend.

And another note on the bike try and stay away from character bikes as in my shed I have a ben10 and tinker bell bikes which ds1 and are no longer into! So don't bother with the bikes, they are like new!
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
  • savingmonkey
    Options
    How much do you want to spend?

What about a dolls house? We have one like this from asda which my girls got to share when they were 2 and 4 years old.

http://direct.asda.com/Traditional-Wooden-Dolls-House/000743774,default,pd.html

You would need to get a people/furniture pack too.

My daughters got scooters when they were 2 and bikes at 3.
  • ganderson1804
    Options
    Hi, thanks for that suggestion. We got her a princess castle for christmas which is similar to a dolls house but certainly one to bear in mind.

My parents are going to get her a balance bike. We're now going down the line of a slide or a playhouse for the garden xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure