wrong mortgage!

Please help,

I recently contacted my mortgage lender to arrange a remortgage for home improvement purposes. The mortgage was set up with them 6 months a go by my financial advisor. After hours of meetings we agreed that an offset mortgage was most appropriate as I had a lump some of money £50,000 (from a previous house sale) which I also wanted to use for home improvements but to keep some of it asan offset to help repay the mortgage off in the long term. Or so I thought. However on contacting the mortgage lender it seems that the mortgage that was set up was not infact an offset but a normal fast track repayment mortgage. Therefore the money that I thought was offsetting this mortgage has just been sitting in a ‘linked’ current account doing nothing. I have been advised that I have lost approx £1200 as a result of this error over the last 6 months. I might as well have just put this money under the mattress!
Any way after a few phone calls I am concerned that the mortgage lender and the financial advisor are not going to own up to this error. Any advise on how I can go about getting back the money I have lost.

alfie

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family