Davina Mccoll

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
9 replies 2K views
dandelionclock30dandelionclock30 Forumite
3.2K Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
Has anyone elce been following Davina cycling, running and swimming from Scotland down to London for sport releif? Shes gone up in my estimations thats for sure.
On Wednesday she swam over a mile accross Lake Windermere and has been doing some really long bike rides as well. The first one was 130 miles in one day. For a celeb whos not sporty this is pretty good going.
I've given a donation and I usually only gave a small amount because I cant stand celebs screaming at the public to give money whilst they sitting in big houses in London doing not much.
However this bucks the trend I think as its hard.

Replies

• furballfurball Forumite
    435 Posts
    Yes I have been following Davina. I bought her dvd before she started her challenge. She motivated me to get of my bum. I thought if she can do this challenge then the least I can do is 15 min exercise a day. Yes I will be donating.
    Think that the weather has made this sport relief challenge so much harder. Davina said they are giving some sport relief money to the people of flood hit areas to help those in need replace essential items.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. – Hilary Cooper
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • imhoimho Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watched her on Tv just before she swam Lake Windermere. She was so shaky and crying as she was exhausted even before she swam.
    So most of the donation money is going to Africa i think.I would have donated if it was all going into this country as i think this country gives enough all ready to foreign countries.
    But good for her for doing the challenge.
  • edited 15 February 2014 at 6:28PM
    dandelionclock30dandelionclock30 Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 February 2014 at 6:28PM
    I gave £10.00 in recognition for how hard it would be to do the swim alone. She could have died basically and I struggle to get my head round how she did a mile and a half in those temperatures. Thats quite a hard swim for an open water swimmer in the better weather let alone in February.
  • penrhynpenrhyn Forumite
    15.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably seemed like a good idea at the start when her agent suggested it.
    Need to maximise your media exposure Davina, we have DVDs to flog to the punters.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • Smi1erSmi1er Forumite
    642 Posts
    ✭✭
    Fraid I see Davina as one of those attention seeking z lists.... TV career flagging perhaps...
  • RichardD1970RichardD1970 Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smi1er wrote: »
    Fraid I see Davina as one of those attention seeking z lists.... TV career flagging perhaps...

Hardly,
    Filmography

Year Title Role Notes
    1992 MTV Europe Presenter
    1993 Eurotrash Presenter Female Voice Dubber for the first series on Channel 4
    1995 God's Gift Presenter
    1998-2001 Don't Try This at Home! Presenter
    1998-2001 Streetmate Presenter
    1999 A Day in the life of the Shepherds Presenter
    1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013 Comic Relief Co-Presenter
    2000, 2003 BRIT Awards Presenter
    2000-2010 Big Brother Presenter - (Series 1 to Series 11)
    2001 Sam's Game Presenter
    2001-2002, 2005-2007, 2009–2010 Celebrity Big Brother Presenter - (Series 1 to Series 7)
    2001 Oblivious Presenter
    2002 The Vault Presenter
    Popstars: The Rivals Presenter
    2003 Reborn in the USA Presenter
    2004 Love on a Saturday Night Presenter
    2004, 2006 BAFTA Presenter
    2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012 Sport Relief Co-Presenter
    2005 Doctor Who Voice Voice of Davinadroid in the episode Bad Wolf
    A Bear's Tail Dave Ian McCall
    He's Having a Baby Presenter
    2006 Davina Presenter
    2007 Let's Talk Sex Presenter
    Big Brother: On The Couch Presenter
    The Friday Night New Year Project
    2008 Dead Set[31] Undead version of herself A horror parody of Big Brother
    4Music's Davina & Steve's 20 Big Ones
    2008, 2009–10 Big Brother's Big Mouth Guest presenter for one week (2008). Main presenter from Big Brother 10 to Ultimate Big Brother.
    2010— Got to Dance[32] Presenter
    The Million Pound Drop Presenter
    2010 Ultimate Big Brother Presenter
    2011-12 The Biggest Loser Presenter
    2011— Long Lost Family Co-Presenter Alongside Nicky Campbell
    2012 Stand Up to Cancer Co-Presenter Alongside Alan Carr
    2013 Five Minutes to a Fortune Presenter
    2013— Stepping Out Presenter
    2014 The Jump Co-Presenter Alongside Alex Brooker

Still seems quite active.
  • paulineb_2paulineb_2
    6.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone elce been following Davina cycling, running and swimming from Scotland down to London for sport releif? Shes gone up in my estimations thats for sure.
    On Wednesday she swam over a mile accross Lake Windermere and has been doing some really long bike rides as well. The first one was 130 miles in one day. For a celeb whos not sporty this is pretty good going.
    I've given a donation and I usually only gave a small amount because I cant stand celebs screaming at the public to give money whilst they sitting in big houses in London doing not much.
    However this bucks the trend I think as its hard.

I think Davina is pretty sporty, shes been into fitness for quite some time as far as I know, shes brought out several fitness DVDs over the years.
  • dandelionclock30dandelionclock30 Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah she was into fitness things and I didnt realize but I still think its good going as she isnt an endurance type of sports person. Apparently she had to train months to do it.
    I know that she will have had people helping her with the training and also will have had all the right gear etc.However Im still impressed because I know thats a hard challenge.
  • nickj_2nickj_2 Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    forget her , if anyone's on F/B have a look at "christain around britain", he's ex army and is walking the entire uk coastline for help for heros and to highlight the plight of homeless servicemen he's sleeping rough (tent's , toilets sheds etc ) he started at blackpool last year and went south , atm he's in scotland just above the lake district, i think it around a 6000 mile trek
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides