Bit of advise needed - prepurchase digital game

Options
Hi I'm considering buying the elder scrolls online. I have played the beta but did not enjoy it enough during the beta to consider paying £9 a month subscription after the initial 30 day included period.

essentially I want to buy the game play it for a week and return it if I cannot justify an extra £9 a month

normally I would not mind as I can go back to none subscription games later, this would require me to pay for the game and be unable to play it. and as you can imagine £60 is a lot of money to pay for a game only playable for a month

Here is my question does the distance selling regulations cover digital content that is prepurchased and returned within 14 days of the release.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The nature of an online game, and the vast distance selling regulations, means once you download a game and access it for the first time it is technically classed as 'activated' and not returnable under distance selling regulations.

As you've had the beta of the game you've actually already had a chance to play the game, and confirm your views on it, thus making it even harder for you to return the full game under the distance selling regulations, which are designed to protect against the purchase of items you can't try until you receive.

Someone else may come along with more concrete facts but I believe what I've said is accurate. There is an old thread here, that might help.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3598885
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    dann8924 wrote: »
    Hi I'm considering buying the elder scrolls online. I have played the beta but did not enjoy it enough during the beta to consider paying £9 a month subscription after the initial 30 day included period.

essentially I want to buy the game play it for a week and return it if I cannot justify an extra £9 a month

normally I would not mind as I can go back to none subscription games later, this would require me to pay for the game and be unable to play it. and as you can imagine £60 is a lot of money to pay for a game only playable for a month

Here is my question does the distance selling regulations cover digital content that is prepurchased and returned within 14 days of the release.

Can't you just rent it out? Or do block busters not exist at all anymore? :rotfl:
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • dann8924
    Options
    the beta does not really come into it as it is under a separate licence however I understand what your saying I read through the previous page and I am aware of steams policies but again does not apply here. login to the game is account based time to ring betheda me thinks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure