Indie Games...

I had a flick through one of the latest PC magazine which is doing a special feature on indie games...

The games looked really creative and a lot were free to play!

My question to the forum is, do you know of any good indie games and are there places online to discover and play them?

Cheers! :beer:

Comments

• vyle
    vyle Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I had a flick through one of the latest PC magazine which is doing a special feature on indie games...

The games looked really creative and a lot were free to play!

My question to the forum is, do you know of any good indie games and are there places online to discover and play them?

Cheers! :beer:

Steam has loads of them, and keep an eye on the humble indie bundles for great deals. Other than that, I just keep my eyes on the gaming press.
  • Crazy_Jamie
    Crazy_Jamie Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    There are far too many to list. They've been prominent in gaming now for quite a number of years, both on consoles and on PC. As vyle said, most are available on Steam but if you don't currently own any then you're likely to get excellent value out of Humble Bundle sales and various equivalents. What type of games do you usually play?
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
  • duggan1
    duggan1 Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Path of Exile is a free to play indie 'MMO' in the diablo style. Has microtransactions but have never noticed any game restrictions for not paying.
  • JasX
    JasX Posts: 3,996 Forumite
    edited 29 January 2014 at 2:48PM
    +1 to keeping an eye on 'humble bundle' games and steam daily/holiday offers

I also recently had people point me towards this site which seems to have some humblebundle-type offers going but I'm not sure if it's a one off or not, seemed incredible value tho:

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/the-brutal-bundle/

Also do sites like www.newgrounds.com still exist? (can't check from work) -used to be a ton of freeware/shareware type games on that site and a few others like it but I forget their names..
  • baxie
    baxie Posts: 204 Forumite
    Cave Story is an excellent Indie game.

Try https://www.tigsource.com they have links to some great Indie sites, and their forum is always buzzing with new games.
  • JasX
    JasX Posts: 3,996 Forumite
    JasX wrote: »
    Also do sites like www.newgrounds.com still exist? (can't check from work) -used to be a ton of freeware/shareware type games on that site and a few others like it but I forget their names..

Slowly coming back to me

http://www.kongregate.com/

was another good one
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills