Maggie sottero wedding dress

Options
Hi all,

I've found the wedding dress I want today after a long day shopping with the bridesmaids but really can't afford it! With the alterations and everything it's gonna come to around 2k!
Does anyone have any ideas where I could look for one? I've looked on eBay but there's nothing in this country.

Sxxx
Debt free finally :j
First house purchase ... 2018 :j

Comments

• MrsMGtobe
    Options
    Preloved, wedding forums, there are some 'sell my dress' forums. Ooh! Try bridal removed (it's on Facebook, based in Hull) but you could message them and ask them to notify you if they get one in. Can I ask which dress it is? :) how did you find shopping? I am so so nervous about it!
    Due to get married in 2014. :grinheart
    Saving for a dream honeymoon! :)

Total Wedding Budget: £8899.00
    Total spent to date: £5857.00
  • mummybearx
    mummybearx Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    Options
    What dress is it you are after?

I picked a Maggie dress, Suzanne. The shop I went to didn't stock that particular dress, after I described it to the girl she showed me an Alfred Angelo dress that was EXACTLY the same as the Maggie one!

Have you looked on other dress manufacturers websites to see if they have anything similar?
    Can't think of anything smart to put here...
  • Trixsie1989
    Options
    It's the Julia dress and I wouldn't even know where to start with another designer tbh. Was thinking about maybe ordering a replica if I could find a good quality one.
    Dress shopping was fine but definitely take people who can give you an honest opinion. I took my bridesmaids and they were fantastic, especially when the sales women were trying to push me into things that I really didn't like and don't let them hard sell you! If I have to go back and pay the money for that dress then so be it but I wasn't putting a deposit down straight away lol!

Xxx
    Debt free finally :j
    First house purchase ... 2018 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills