alternative pension investments

Options
124»

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So that answers my original query. Regardless of who or what my relationship is with, the IFA should not have cold called looking to make pension transfers.

That is incorrect.

Your own copy and paste confirms that they can do it.
    Investment rules allow for three scenarios where cold calls could be made:
    the promotion is to an existing customer who anticipates receiving a cold call;
    the promotion relates to packaged products that do not contain higher volatility funds, or to life policies not connected to higher volatility funds; or
    the promotion only relates to readily realisable securities (but not warrants) or generally marketable non-geared packaged products.

You are an existing customer and unless you opted out of marketing, members of staff for that company can contact you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It is really simple, contact the firm and tell them NO Marketing CALLS.
  • cgzz
    cgzz Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    That is incorrect.

Your own copy and paste confirms that they can do it.

You are an existing customer and unless you opted out of marketing, members of staff for that company can contact you.

I can read Dunstonh and yes I did opt out of marketing and therefore I did not anticipate a call. There's a lot more to this than I am prepared to discuss on a open forum.
  • OldBeanz
    OldBeanz Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Perhaps you would have been better starting a new thread rather than raising a side issue in this one.
    As for it being an open forum - I would guess your initials were CG and you were left handed as the z key is typed with the left hand/finger. In essence, I do not think you could be readily identified.
  • cgzz
    cgzz Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    OldBeanz wrote: »
    Perhaps you would have been better starting a new thread rather than raising a side issue in this one.
    As for it being an open forum - I would guess your initials were CG and you were left handed as the z key is typed with the left hand/finger. In essence, I do not think you could be readily identified.

You're probably right about starting a new thread but I chipped in when someone raised the issue of cold calling. BTW you are wrong on both assumptions about my username.
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In your case, file a complaint then, if you opted out of marketing.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Even if you opt out of marketing, it does not prevent an adviser calling if they think they can offer something better for you. It prevents unsolicited marketing. Not calls which could relate to advice.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • OldBeanz
    OldBeanz Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    cgzz wrote: »
    You're probably right about starting a new thread but I chipped in when someone raised the issue of cold calling. BTW you are wrong on both assumptions about my username.

If you think you are giving away too much info under this username then simply create another username. The chances of anyone identifying you are minuscule assuming you do not give your name and address or the name of the IFA company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure