PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cheap stain removers?

Options
I've used Vanish Oxy Gold ( I received a free box with Bzz agent) but it hasn't worked for me so far :(

Does anyone know of any cheap stain removers which actually work!

Comments

• poppyjane
    Options
    Honestly? I think they're all rubbish, and children shouldn't be allowed near pens or food!! In fact I think the Oxy Gold is one of the better ones. And it seems to make a huge difference which washing powder you use with it.

I have got a 'selection box' of Stain Devils. It takes an annoying amount of elbow grease, but the stains do come out in the end. And as expensive and time consuming as it is, it's still cheaper and easier than buying new.

The trick is to spot the stains before they go in the wash I think. Or wear a bib!

Jane
  • rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is there a particular stain you're trying to remove? Different stains respond to different things.

I generally use 'eco bleach' (sodium percarbonate, usually). I get the cheap stuff from Big Green Smile, I think it's the Clean and Natural one, the same company that does washing soda, bicarb etc. You can use it on colours but be careful. It's good for whites. I also like the Ecover stain remover in a bottle with the brush bit on the end. Other than that, natural light is good if you have the time, even if it's cold and cloudy.
  • iAMaLONDONER
    Options
    rach_k wrote: »
    Is there a particular stain you're trying to remove? Different stains respond to different things.

I generally use 'eco bleach' (sodium percarbonate, usually). I get the cheap stuff from Big Green Smile, I think it's the Clean and Natural one, the same company that does washing soda, bicarb etc. You can use it on colours but be careful. It's good for whites. I also like the Ecover stain remover in a bottle with the brush bit on the end. Other than that, natural light is good if you have the time, even if it's cold and cloudy.

Yellow deodorant stains?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport