Lip-sync on UTV HD on Sky?

Options
Anyone else having problems with this ? It only seems to apply to this channel so it is not my TV/soundbar.

Comments

• BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 25 January 2014 at 3:41PM
    Options
  • Ticked
    Ticked Posts: 515 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We notice it on Freeview but not on Freesat. There is a lip sync adjustment on the Freeview box, difficult to set it in sync and not worthwhile - next day it's off by a slightly different amount!
  • inholms
    inholms Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Re: Ocassional lipsync issues on various channels UPDATE
    Options
    on 13-11-2014 11:18 AM

"We have a Samsung Smart TV, no surround sound all the cables have been changed. It is connected directly to the SKY HD box. The satellite dish has been moved up the chimney and the signal is strong. We have had three new HD boxes in the past 6 months. We have just been sent a new smart card. The engineers tell me they cannot fix it. Last night we tried to watch the apprentice, but it was out of sync. I have recorded it if anyone wants to check. I await your comments."

December 17th

OK. I have now had countless contact with Skys so called 'Help Center' and have got nowhere. every time I phone I have to go over the problem and attempted solutions over and over again. We have tried everything. New boxes, new cables. moving the dish, new card, another TV, channel switching etc etc etc you name it. But we still have the problem despite promise after promise from at least 10 'advisors' they would 'come back to me' They never do! Sometimes the sync is out by half a second.
    Finally last week a more helpful 'engineer' told me after months and months of calls,that there was an on going software problem at their end which effects some customers, and the currently do not have a solution. WHY NOT TELL PEOPLE THAT FROM THE START?
    I am convinced that the only way SKY think they will deal with this problem is to ignore me and hope I go away. Well, I'm not going away and as you have chosen to ignore me, I will now post this blog where ever I can in the hope that it will alert others to the absolute shambles of SKY TV.

PS I'm still paying full whack for my so called service.
  • Ticked
    Ticked Posts: 515 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We ditched Sky and went Freeview and Freesat as Sky prices and backup were utterly grim. I have lip sync issues at times on Freeview, it happens on different channels at different times ( last night Motors TV was well off) today it's all fine. Problem has to be with the transmission, not the home setup.
  • Kim_Possible
    Options
    No solution but Thanks!
    I have a new sky set up, new house with Samsung tv. I noticed similar issues and called the sky engineer out luckily it happened when he was out, he changed some setting on the box and suggested it it persisted another call out & new box.

inholms wrote: »
    Re: Ocassional lipsync issues on various channels UPDATE
    Options
    on 13-11-2014 11:18 AM

"We have a Samsung Smart TV, no surround sound all the cables have been changed. It is connected directly to the SKY HD box. The satellite dish has been moved up the chimney and the signal is strong. We have had three new HD boxes in the past 6 months. We have just been sent a new smart card. The engineers tell me they cannot fix it. Last night we tried to watch the apprentice, but it was out of sync. I have recorded it if anyone wants to check. I await your comments."

December 17th

OK. I have now had countless contact with Skys so called 'Help Center' and have got nowhere. every time I phone I have to go over the problem and attempted solutions over and over again. We have tried everything. New boxes, new cables. moving the dish, new card, another TV, channel switching etc etc etc you name it. But we still have the problem despite promise after promise from at least 10 'advisors' they would 'come back to me' They never do! Sometimes the sync is out by half a second.
    Finally last week a more helpful 'engineer' told me after months and months of calls,that there was an on going software problem at their end which effects some customers, and the currently do not have a solution. WHY NOT TELL PEOPLE THAT FROM THE START?
    I am convinced that the only way SKY think they will deal with this problem is to ignore me and hope I go away. Well, I'm not going away and as you have chosen to ignore me, I will now post this blog where ever I can in the hope that it will alert others to the absolute shambles of SKY TV.

PS I'm still paying full whack for my so called service.
  • darwin-rover
    darwin-rover Posts: 510 Forumite
    edited 19 December 2014 at 1:02AM
    Options
    Don't know if its related but in the Shire they have been having problems with ITV HD on Virgin Media. No mention of problems with UTV HD though.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/Audio-Sync-on-ITV-HD/td-p/2499637/page/7
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure