Reclaim the NI bit that forms the State Pension

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaiming Mortgage Fees, Council Tax, etc
1 reply 836 views
andreauk2009andreauk2009 Forumite
181 Posts
Hi There,

Hopefully this is the right category.

Let's assume that as expat I have now decided to go back home in my EU home country.
Part of the NI is supposed to cover the State Pension which I will be eligible for at the age of 60 or whatever the limit is.

Going back home, is there any chance I can claim that portion of NI ? If so, what's the procedure?
For what I read on HMRC site only Voluntary Class 2 and Class 4 payments can be claimed back. So in theory no chances for Class 1.

Similarly to the above, is there any way to tell HMRC to liaise with the foreign HMRC and make sure contribution to be unified in just one country and avoid the trouble of getting two pensions at the right time?



This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals