Looking a room to let.. . hints and tips

Jersy
Jersy Posts: 554 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
recently got a new job..

a problem.. its 38 miles from home..

ok so it isnt that much, but it still clocks up 400 miles per week from going to work alone

now, salary is ok for a graduate, and im still working in my part time job (more of a case of checking out the other job and havin a back up, rather than the money)

however,

i am looking for a house away from home, that i can stay in monday, tue, wed thur nights.. and possibly sunday in the winter

(ps.. the plan for hte minute is to come home at the weekends, however if/when i leave it who knows, but im not really in a hurry to leave it)

whats the best way to go about looking for a room in the Mourne District

got the two local newspapers, and got a viewing for one, and another to get back to me, but id like to see more,

ive called at all the local garages (and tesco and asda) to check their advertising boards, but nothing suitable..

any other suggestions?

Comments

• LilMissEmmylou
    LilMissEmmylou Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    do an online search to see if any sites come up. Im sure there must be some online advertising for a room to let for workers. I know my aunt actually lets a room out to a building contractor but its not in the right area for u
  • Try easyroommate website.
  • Greentea
    Greentea Posts: 495 Forumite
    i would definately use the local papers, the information will be more up to date. You could even try advertising for a room yourself by putting an ad in the paper?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure