We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Everything Leads Into The (new year) Elite thread

Options

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Mrs_stinkface
    Options
    Mrs Stinkface, we should ask whether you are accepting the job? and what it is xxx

Defo accepting, it just shop work. It's what I've always done,and what I love. More importantly the hours are perfect and it's only 5 mins down the road from me once I drop lil stink off at school :D
    Life is not about learning to avoid the storms - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Defo accepting, it just shop work. It's what I've always done,and what I love. More importantly the hours are perfect and it's only 5 mins down the road from me once I drop lil stink off at school :D

That is great news xxxx

:D:D:D
  • purpledonkey
    purpledonkey Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations Stinkface! :T

Ps I still laugh my head off at you being called something else on here way back when :rotfl:

I'm curious now! Every time I see her name I think of Casper the Ghost and 'smellogram'
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • Thrifty_Sister
    Options
    So much for my phone call today :(:(

I got an email instead
    Guess who's got themselves a job :D:j:D:j

:T:T:T:T:T

well done you - clever thing
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    So much for my phone call today :(:(

I got an email instead
    Guess who's got themselves a job :D:j:D:j

_party_ _party_

Huge congrats
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    According to 10 ways, the Iro Bru is working x
  • purpledonkey
    purpledonkey Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Options

Sounds perfect! I have an interview next week for Sainbobs, only 16 hours a week but really nice short shifts that finish at 9am and more importantly permanent work. Emma has suggested that it's not morally wrong if I share bargains with her and don't participate myself. I'm not convinced. :rotfl:

Hope it all goes well :D
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • tigerwhite_2
    tigerwhite_2 Posts: 7,208 Forumite
    Options
    My M&S glitch shop is still at the planning stage, due for implementation tomorrow evening, ETA 1800 hours. Though I might recce the target shop later today, just to see what is on offer and make a note of prices.

I'm sure you can do yours! :j
    What I like to do (not so much for nerves, just to amuse myself:)), when I'm at the checkout, is to hum the theme tune to Raiders of the Lost Ark
    der-de-der-der, der-de-der, der-de-der-der, der-de-der-der-der! [...until, hooray, shopping success!]
    so try that, see if it helps.
    Maybe not wear the bush hat and carry a whip, though

Another favourite, if there's a sour-faced SA lurking and you're in danger of getting trouted, is the Jaws theme...
    der-de, der-de, de-de-de-de-de-de-de [she's getting closer and closer!], der-de-der!

I hope it's not just me that does this:o
    My boss is at opposite me and I've just done a massive laugh and had to turn it into a cough :p:rotfl::rotfl: Love it :T
    Today's bus grump!

Full bus. Elderly people get on. I move from my seat for one of them to sit. Bus full of kids. Not one of them moves.

QoC- why are you all sat down when there are elderly people standing up??

Kids- move!

I'm turning into my dad :rotfl:
    Love hearing your tales Queenie :D
    I love the singing idea.:D

I am taking DS2 with me... If it goes smoothly, I will just send him through the ss till, whilst I lurk. If he gets trouted I will deny all knowledge of him. If it does not look good, I may get him to distract the SA whilst I slip through the SS tills! I will try the singing.. but get DS2 to do this, I quite like the idea of him singing the Sex Pistols 'God Save the Queen' at the top of his voice!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My OH came with me, then headed off to the cafe "in case you get arrested".:p he he, wimp.:D
    Tiger :cool:
    I'm a body double for Claudia Schiffer and i wont get out of bed for less than [STRIKE]£10k per day[/STRIKE] a 1p find
  • tigerwhite_2
    tigerwhite_2 Posts: 7,208 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations Stinkface! :T

Ps I still laugh my head off at you being called something else on here way back when :rotfl:
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Well done Mrs Stinkface :T - and yes, I chuckle about the same thing QoC :D

Brilliant news Stinky :T:j:j Congratulations
    And i also laugh at it.. Wasn't it Budgie who said it. Where is she, not seen her for yonks. Loved her paddington bear logo

right, off to collect ankle biters. Work finished for 4 days. Later gators xx
    Tiger :cool:
    I'm a body double for Claudia Schiffer and i wont get out of bed for less than [STRIKE]£10k per day[/STRIKE] a 1p find
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport