PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Plain Flour

Options
I have a surplus of plain flour, any ideas what I can do with it:confused:

Thanks x
Trying to be frugal and sensible with my pennies.

Comments

• lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anything that you can do with any flour inc baking, you can make it into Self Raising Flour easily. To make self-raising flour, add 1tsp of baking power to 200g / 8oz plain flour.

To make baking powder if you have bicarb and cream of tartar, place 3 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda with 4 teaspoons of cream of tartar in a jam jar and shake well.

Pancakes and other similar batters like yorkshire puddings usually state plain flour. Some biscuits aswell.

Quick and easy sponge cake
    SPONGE CAKE

Ingredients
    2 eggs
    50g caster sugar
    50g plain flour
    Method
    Sieve flour.
    Whisk eggs & sugar until a trail will stay.
    Fold in flour.
    Bake in an 8” round flan tin (greased & lined ) on gas mark 4/350F/18OC for 20mins.

If you have kids, dough to play with http://www.sensory-processing-disorder.com/play-doh-recipes.html
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure