NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

Chances of a sale on Xbox one games after Christmas?

Odds anyone?
Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked

Replies

• ifstarifstar Forumite
    485 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    There have been a few decent deals before and since but nothing dirt cheap. I'd imagine the games will hover round £40-48 for a wee while. What sort of price were you hoping for?
  • Steve-oSteve-o Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Zero, due to lots of people getting the console for Christmas.
    I have no signature.
  • There's more chance of you getting a BJ off the Pope than the Xbox One being reduced in price after xmas, MS have no need to reduce the price to encourage sales and they know it.
    Understeer is when you hit a wall with the front of your car
    Oversteer is when you hit a wall with the back of your car
    Horsepower is how fast your car hits the wall
    Torque is how far your car sends the wall across the field once you've hit it
  • Takeaway_AddictTakeaway_Addict Forumite
    6.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    There's more chance of you getting a BJ off the Pope than the Xbox One being reduced in price after xmas, MS have no need to reduce the price to encourage sales and they know it.
    Ha this made me laugh

I expected as much but funnily enough I got bought the game I wanted anyway!

Cheers everyone
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • Only stuff I spotted t'other day were BF4 & the year's subscription to XBL - but I did only check my local Game (wasn't venturing into Asda without a small armory!). Can't see there being many discounts given as people have pointed out may people will get them for Christmas.
    Retired member - fed up with the general tone of the place.
  • I'm not sure if people read the OPs post properly but the question was for a sale on Xbox One Games and not the console itself.

I would say it's possible for discounted prices on games and also you can pick up pre-owned ones. There are many people who get the games for Xmas and then hammer them over the holiday period. So by the time the holidays are over, they take the games back to the shop to trade them in or get cash for them.

The obvious shop would be Game. Also try CeX and shop around for independent shops too. There is a great second hand shop where i live in Manchester city centre called Entertainment Trader and i've spotted quite a few new releases in the past that people have traded in and i've grabbed.
    Please god, if you can't make me buff then make all my friends fat.
  • FebruarycatFebruarycat Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I did manage to get my son Dead Rising 3 for £39.99 at Zavvi for Xmas, it was on special offer, but imagine it will be full price now. Worth checking the site for their sale or special offers.
  • I managed to get an xbox one with fifa 14, lego marvel heroes and a charging kit for £480 yesterday from Argos! £30 cashback through Lloyds made it a pretty good deal. Sold my old ps3 for £150 too so only really emded up costing £300!
  • I've got £200 on a gift card at game but I'm arsed if I'm going to their shops to pay £60 for 1 game when they are £45 ish everywhere else :(
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event

Ask your energy questions by Wed 5pm

MSE Forum