microsoft points no longer sold

hi about 4 weeks ago I bought Microsoft points in Tesco for xmas but when I was in game this week I heard the salesman say they no longer sell them but it's cash for cash to use on xbox. Can the Microsoft points still be used?
Things will get better day by day.

Replies

• miniemmaminiemma Forumite
    497 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes, your points will be converted to GBP when you apply them to your microsoft/xbox account.
  • wannaberich41wannaberich41 Forumite
    510 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    thank you just worried as said no longer in use.
    Things will get better day by day.
  • unholyangelunholyangel Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    thank you just worried as said no longer in use.

It can also be possible to get better value this way (by buying points instead of cash value) as cash values tend to be exactly what they are (ie £10 for £10 credit - although I did see one a few days ago that was £9 for £10 credit!) where if you buy the points cheap enough, you can end up with more credit than you would have gotten by spending the same on one of the new vouchers.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • StuC75StuC75 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Agree with this..

M$ converting points to a cash amounts did away with how much of a rip off buying direct was,, and so places that still provide Points *can* work out to be cheaper given how they are converted from points to cash equivalent..
    It can also be possible to get better value this way (by buying points instead of cash value) as cash values tend to be exactly what they are (ie £10 for £10 credit - although I did see one a few days ago that was £9 for £10 credit!) where if you buy the points cheap enough, you can end up with more credit than you would have gotten by spending the same on one of the new vouchers.
  • I panicked too when i started playing my Xbox again and had unused points from like 1 year ago. But a Google search confirmed that they were not lost.
    Please god, if you can't make me buff then make all my friends fat.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum